SWAT 4 & BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWAT 4 & BF2

Anyone here play SWAT 4 or Battlefield 2?
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Play SWAT4, isn't installed right now, though. Unfortunately, I cannot do online play. I usually get bored and start editing the .ini files. I sometimes end up with an automatic shotgun that's akin to a .50 caliber machine gun.

One secound of fire releases about ten slugs. You can imagine how badly the morale modifier for suspects is when you fire that thing off in the air. I usually get instant compliance.

Other mods I make is up the taser "on time" to five seconds, as per spec. Pepper Spray will affect people for 15 seconds instead of five. And, if a mission (Children of Tarone) really irks me, I break out the automatic pepperball launcher with its 5000 round hopper.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

LOL...

I've been toying with the idea of picking SWAT4 up at the store everytime I go, but I haven't yet.... I think you just convinced me...
      Corbier's Commandos - "Stickin it to the ninjas!"
      Originally posted by ValleyOne
      BANG, next thing you know Bob's your Uncle and this Sgt is seemingly out on his a$$.
      Shoulda called in sick.
      Be safe!

Comment

My only gripe(s) with the game is:

1. Patch it, play online, and expect to see ad textures. Yep, you bought the game for 30 bucks, and they're going to serve you ads now!

2. Technical problem - lagging AI. I had a suspect go down the "compliance - drop weapon" AI tree. I usually leave the team behind to cover something. Two bust in and see her lower the weapon. They're still registering her as in the "hostile suspect" AI tree. As she's putting the gun on the floor, they pump 10 rounds of 9mm from MP5 into her! You LOSE points for every suspect killed. After all, SWAT is a life saving organization.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Yeah the AI on some of these games do not work outside programing limitations.

One of the Tom Clancy games POd me off to the max.
          My team secured hostages after a V...E....R....Y long sweep thru a complex then exited complex.

Had Second Team secure perimiter and then clear way to extraction point.

Naturally in this situation you are NOT going to be clearing any more areas but beat feet to EP. As we passed a door my #2 man (long cover) took the rest of the team and the hostages into the room getting the hell shot out of them. Up to that point there was zero casualties on the good guys but many Tangos had went to meet Allah.

Anyway the programs are limited by the programmers real world knowledge.

Comment

And what was the name of the series before it became SWAT?? Trivia question lol

Comment

Police Quest. I've played them all.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
                Police Quest. I've played them all.
                Me too still have them, actually saw the original set (which I have) on ebay going for a decent penny.

Police Quest 1 is the first game I can remember playing, probably followed by Space Quest or LSL.

Comment

Police Quest... ahh those were the days. I remember Police Quest 2 or 3? Where a vehicle goes speeding by you, and you pull it over to find out it was an undercover DEA agent following a suspect.

It's amazing how far gaming has come since then. I remember when I thought Tom Clancy: Rainbow Six was the greatest thing in the world. Now, the graphics are crude compared to what is out now. It really makes you ponder what the future may hold
                  "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
                    Police Quest... ahh those were the days. I remember Police Quest 2 or 3? Where a vehicle goes speeding by you, and you pull it over to find out it was an undercover DEA agent following a suspect.

It's amazing how far gaming has come since then. I remember when I thought Tom Clancy: Rainbow Six was the greatest thing in the world. Now, the graphics are crude compared to what is out now. It really makes you ponder what the future may hold

How about the chick in PQ1 giving you the Mayor's phone number man I thought I had a chance!

Comment

One of the most useful things I've seen, that I want can obviously can't get, is called VBS1 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBS1), from Bohemia Interactive. It is basically the non-entertainment speced out version of Operation Flashpoint in the line of Marine DOOM or Full Spectrum Leader (Not Warrior, the video game version.)

VBS1 proves what I've thought for awhile - the scripting language and modding ability of Operation Flashpoint can be an effective tactical and training tool.

Oh, and you can blow up your own town, mall, etc.

I am slowly learning OFP modding at OFPEC. (www.ofpec.com) Its a fun game, and a good military simulator for its time.

Comment

Ahhh, I remember Asteroids on the Atari...............

Comment

Originally posted by dla4122
                          Ahhh, I remember Asteroids on the Atari...............
                          So do I. I perfered COMBAT for the Atari 2600.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X