what do you do on your days off ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dla4122
    Work on case load from the unit, only real time I get to work on my files is when I am away from the unit, lol.
    I ran our custody gang unit when I worked for an SO in California. LOL.....I used to spend more of my off-time working my gang files (who had time at work), keeping up investigation reports, reviewing status reports, mail scans of known/suspected members, etc..

I think that had a lot to do with my second divorce.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

Originally posted by aka Bull

I think that had a lot to do with my second divorce.
      Oh crap, I almost forgot! I'm married! That's who that griping woman is in my living room,

Comment

Spending time with my wife and children. Cruising around on my Honda Shadow

A little bit of fooling around on the PC trying to create nice pictures.

Comment

Living on a tiny tropical island does have some benefits.

On my days off I like to snorkel, go sailing, or explore all the WWII ruins on the island. The Marshall Islands has some of the best diving in the whole world, but I have not yet been able to take a scuba course yet. When I go snorkeling I usually see a few Reef sharks, but they do not bother me. In the last 25 years or so there has only been one shark attack, and that was because the diver was poking the shark!

Roi-Namur was invaded by the 4th Marine Division in 1944. The Japanese had a large 3-runway airfield on Roi, and had two battalions of infantry based on Namur. Most of the Japanese buildings were made of wood and were leveled in the invasion, but the concrete buildings and fortifications all survived. So did the underground hospital. The hospital still has the rusting remains of operating tables and oxygen cylinders! Many of the surviving Japanese buildings are just a wall or two, but a few are in really good shape, such as the command pillbox. When my camera arrives I will take pictures of whatever I can (some of the buildings are classified) and post them.

It is really neat to be able to raise the American flag over an actual battlefield every morning. How many people ever get to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by histfan71
            Living on a tiny tropical island does have some benefits.

On my days off I like to snorkel, go sailing, or explore all the WWII ruins on the island. The Marshall Islands has some of the best diving in the whole world, but I have not yet been able to take a scuba course yet. When I go snorkeling I usually see a few Reef sharks, but they do not bother me. In the last 25 years or so there has only been one shark attack, and that was because the diver was poking the shark!

Roi-Namur was invaded by the 4th Marine Division in 1944. The Japanese had a large 3-runway airfield on Roi, and had two battalions of infantry based on Namur. Most of the Japanese buildings were made of wood and were leveled in the invasion, but the concrete buildings and fortifications all survived. So did the underground hospital. The hospital still has the rusting remains of operating tables and oxygen cylinders! Many of the surviving Japanese buildings are just a wall or two, but a few are in really good shape, such as the command pillbox. When my camera arrives I will take pictures of whatever I can (some of the buildings are classified) and post them.

It is really neat to be able to raise the American flag over an actual battlefield every morning. How many people ever get to do that?
            Can I gather from your post that you like your job?
            It sound very interesting. Hope you get your camera soon, looking foward to seeing some pictures.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X