Gun Shoots...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Shoots...

so do any of you go with your company to the gun range and go shooting ? my company has set dates and times for the gun range, just curious if you guys go shooting with your company off-duty, you know that bonding type of stuff :P
    When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Florida Law required one requalification shoot per year with a Class K instructor. For most people, that was the only time they ever shot a weapon.

I would go to a shooting range with the issued .38 caliber revolver, shoot it for a little while, become annoyed with it, and switch to something cool like a Beretta 9mm or MP5. I love places that rent full auto weapons.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier
      Florida Law required one requalification shoot per year with a Class K instructor. For most people, that was the only time they ever shot a weapon.

I would go to a shooting range with the issued .38 caliber revolver, shoot it for a little while, become annoyed with it, and switch to something cool like a Beretta 9mm or MP5. I love places that rent full auto weapons.
      After shooting the "required" weapon the boss's instructor would brake out the real toys. I'll say this Ithaca has some nice shootguns. Thier model 37 was rather fun. But nothing beats an AMT longslide for shooting fun.
      My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

If I'm spending my own money to go to a range, I'm not bringing just a .38 revolver that annoyed me due to the recoil and the grip (Freaking S&W Wooden Target Grip. First thing I did was put some Pachymer grips on it)...

When I went shooting at Knights, I routinely rented a booth for the day (7 bucks unless it was busy, then it was 7 an hour), asked em to keep the two booths next to me (left and right) clear so I could do holster work, and had an MP5 and a Beretta handed to me.

Bring in the S&W, range officer looks at it, and goes, "Let me guess." And I go, "Yes." And he goes, "I'll have the real guns over on my desk when you're ready for them."

Shoot a box of .38 Special, when it was gone, I was done practicing. Then I could play.

Body, Body, Head. Body, Body, Head. Body, Body, Head.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

When I go to the range I start out with a .38 then go to the .9mm then the .40 S & W. The last gun I shoot is a Colt Woodsman .22. After shooting everything that has a little bounce to it, you can really zero in with a .22, no bounce, bang, bang, bang. Now that's fun.

Comment

well my boss actually has "range pass" for the company... thats why we have sced times to go...

i havent gone yet.. since it is a new thing they are doing kinda as a incentive/bonding thing since we only have about 11 officers :P
            When not at work or out watching a moive.. passed out at the keyboard.

Comment

Yeah we shoot together.
              If you want to do a LOT of shooting get into reloading.
              I can reload .45ACP for about a dime each (already have the brass) whereas factory ammo will run you 40 cents or more per round.

I reload to the same point-of-am as the carry stuff so the marksmanship doesn't suffer. As I alone shoot 100-150 rnds a month I save loads of money.

The range I use is the same one the local PDs, DepSherr, and SP detachments use so off the bench stuff is normal, it is strange to see someone not Shooting and Scooting.

Oh yeah, lousiest shot buys later too. (Cheaper to shoot alot than buy)

Comment

Knights allowed for Off the Bench stuff. The other one that everyone went to, unfortunately, did not. I had a range officer actually smack me in the head while I was holding a lethal weapon for "firing too quickly."

Found out that most of the range Nazis were actually reserve deputy sheriffs who were itching to find someone to arrest for some ATF violation. Half of them carried handguns on their belts, as well as handcuffs.

Things you were not allowed to do on their (nearly only) outdoor range:
                - Have a magazine more than 10 rounds in a handgun unless you were a LEO
                - Have a holster, unless a LEO or working for a certain security company
                - Have a magazine in a long gun. Single feed only. Rifle does not leave the bench.
                - Fire more than one round per three seconds, unless a LEO or working for a certain security company
                - Talk back to a range officer. 90% of the time, it was considered "brandishing" and you were forcibly arrested at gunpoint.

Oh, and it was 35 dollars a day.

If you were a licensed security officer with a certain company, you could wear your shield and 99% of the rules no longer applied to you. You could shoot off bench, rapid fire, do drills, etc. If you were from another certain company, and they knew, they had one of their range deputies write you a trespass warning.

Comment

One of the guys on my shift has his own range on his property (plenty of room), rated up to and including high powered rifles. Just bring your choice of firearm, ammo, extra targets, and/or ammo for your favorite toy that he owns. A nice range too, and by invitation only.
                  "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Comment

I try to get to the range at least twice a month. Squeeze off around 200 rounds each time. We have a corporate account at a local range, so if one goes we try and get some others to go along.
                    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X