X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffery Dahmer

http://www.britannica.com/eb/article...Jeffrey-Dahmer

I watched the biography of Jeffery Dahmer. I will never, never, ever again
    moan and groan about the Burger King that is opened 24/7 down the street from my home. At least at Burger King I have a remote idea what I am eating
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Originally posted by copelandamuffy View Post
    http://www.britannica.com/eb/article...Jeffrey-Dahmer

I watched the biography of Jeffery Dahmer. I will never, never, ever again
    moan and groan about the Burger King that is opened 24/7 down the street from my home. At least at Burger King I have a remote idea what I am eating
    Think you could make it as a Homicide Detective? I'll never forget my first autopsy. It was two brothers (10 & 12), brutally murdered and required full internal and cranial examinations. The Coroner did one and then broke for lunch - and then did the other. I didn't eat for a couple of days.
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
      Think you could make it as a Homicide Detective? I'll never forget my first autopsy. It was two brothers (10 & 12), brutally murdered and required full internal and cranial examinations. The Coroner did one and then broke for lunch - and then did the other. I didn't eat for a couple of days.
      Curt, a requirement for all individuals to graduate from the Hamilton County (Ohio) Sheriff's Academy was to successfully observe an autopsy. We had folks pass out, run out and vomit. Those folks had one more chance to make it or washout. Two women (police matron and a probation officer), who many of the men thought would washout, passed with flying colors. Two of the biggest guys, one with a very large and uncontrolled mouth, passed out and left the Academy, the other got sick on the way out of the ME's office.
      One of the MEs observing one of the work of another ME was eating his lunch and did so without so much as a pause.
      I skipped dinner that evening and didn't bother with breakfast the next morning.
      That and watching a body burn to a crisp in an auto fire are moments you'll carry to your grave, much like those memories of death and injury in combat.
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

Comment

I have seen this for the 2nd or 3rd time and it was on late 2 weeks ago. He was 1 sick individual who was a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Sadly there are thousands more like him around the world who are capable of such horrendous crimes and even when captured, you will never know how many more may have been victims of their deranged minds.

I have never been to an autopsy but I am told the smell of body fluids is something that never leaves your memory bank as to each person it has it's own distinct odour and mental picture.
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
          That pretty bad try human BBQ ,man that smell stays in your nose for a few weeks.
          CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
            Curt, a requirement for all individuals to graduate from the Hamilton County (Ohio) Sheriff's Academy was to successfully observe an autopsy. We had folks pass out, run out and vomit. Those folks had one more chance to make it or washout. Two women (police matron and a probation officer), who many of the men thought would washout, passed with flying colors. Two of the biggest guys, one with a very large and uncontrolled mouth, passed out and left the Academy, the other got sick on the way out of the ME's office.
            One of the MEs observing one of the work of another ME was eating his lunch and did so without so much as a pause.
            I skipped dinner that evening and didn't bother with breakfast the next morning.
            That and watching a body burn to a crisp in an auto fire are moments you'll carry to your grave, much like those memories of death and injury in combat.
            Enjoy the day,
            Bill
            Our neighbor is a Massachusetts State Police Officer. When he is called to respond to a motor vehicle accident, one of the first things he looks for if any
            of the cars is a brown Chevrolet Impala

His daughter owns a Chevy Impala

He told me that, because he has know troopers who have responded to motor car accidents, only to find out one of the occupants are their own children.

My State Police friend says that to this day, the pain he feels when he
            has to call or go to a home of a parent whose kid was killed in an auto accident.

Curtis: One of the first Milwaukee Police Officers to respond to the apartment of Jeffery Dahmer, opened up the
            freezer and inside the freezer were severed hands, skulls, and other body parts. The Officer thought he heard a scream,and realized it was himself.
            Last edited by copelandamuffy; 03-16-2008, 09:08 AM.
            http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Jeffry Dahmer and his mother were having a chat over dinner:
              "Jeffrey, I don't like your friends" his mother told him
              "Thats ok Mom" says Jeffrey, "Just push them to the side of your plate"
              "I'll let each of you guys punch me in the face if you'll just wash this crap outta my eyes!!" -Tweeker Shoplifter showing his distaste for pepper spray.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Warnock View Post
                ... We had folks pass out, run out and vomit. Those folks had one more chance to make it or washout....

...That and watching a body burn to a crisp in an auto fire are moments you'll carry to your grave, much like those memories of death and injury in combat.
                Enjoy the day,
                Bill
                The first part reminds me of the beginning of Quincy, ME (great show, I know I'm dating myself....).

Can relate to all. With the auto fire deal: my last vehicle fire investigation was a 100+ MPH car vs. pole with two teens crispered in the blaze...unpleasant...as was combat.

Plus, the evidence folks frequently give Arson dicks a bad time about booking in chunks of decedents' lungs into their warehouse operation. They found it most odd.... At least they don't have to attend the post-mortem! --K.
                Last edited by SpecialAgentKC; 03-16-2008, 01:48 PM.
                Bitter clinger to my guns and religion....

"When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country."--Andrew Jackson

Psychological Operations: Because physical wounds heal.

Comment

My wife's a nurse and one thing I can't figure is that she absolutely gets grossed out by slasher/hacker horror flicks, but, one night a long time ago, pizza-nite in the E.R. got interrupted for a farmer's son who's arm came off with his jacket due to a thresher 'close encounter'.

They finished off the pizzas after shippin' him up to the O.R.!

Movies, obviously not real....an arm hittin' the E.R. floor, as real as it gets....go figure I reckon!
                  You can educate dumb, but you can't fix stupid.

Comment

My dad (FDNY and NYC EMS for many many years) is the same way... he can tell stories of chasing a severed head rolling down the street while laughing but gets grossed out at a commerical for 28 Days Later.
                    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Friends if you don't have a filter in place you'll go crazy. I am the same way, why watch blood and gore when you don't have too.
                      Enjoy the day,
                      Bill

Comment

I'm one of those people that love blood and guts movies. However, I don't like it much in real life. Having seen decapitations and other horrors in real life I'll just try to stick to the fake movies. And as stated before the smell of burnt flesh and body fluids are hard to forget.

Comment

I can deal with the real deal, have before and will again probably... although I hope not.

A girlfriend got ticked at me when I told her to shut that S off... we were watching ER after I came back from afghanistan. They were evacing the hospital because of a biological warfare thing, think it was anthrax... anyway a doctor was helping load up a ICU patient into a helicopter and had patient paperwork... lost grip, it blew to under the tail rotor... not thinking he went back there and picked it up, then stood up right underneath the rotor and lost an arm.

I had to tackle a private that almost did the same thing under the back of a MH-53 helicopter... when you una** the aircraft you take 1 step off the ramp and do a right or left face depending on where you need to go.

This guy brain farted and was booking off the ramp straight out towards the tail rotor, and they had touched down in a dip.. I was right behind him and tackled him on step 2... step 4 would have cost him dearly.

At least my wife understands, having been a paramedic. We don't watch too much realistic stuff because we both have experiences we don't need to re-experience by them being brought up by a tv show.

Makes it hard to sleep.
                          Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

After 10 years in EMS, I can say that you pretty much get numb (or at least I did) to the disfigurement, traumatic injuries, and such. I always tried to concentrate on the injury/illness and focus all my energy on completing the task at hand. If you associate-human/personal emotions while you are in the thick of it, you can't concentrate. The reason it looks so "nasty or disqusting' (again my opinion) is that you associate it with human LIFE and you think about what a normal "body" looks like. You've also been subconsciously trained by parents, friends, relatives, etc as you were brought up that it is scary and revolting.

Smells are always what got me during my tenure as a medic. Let a drunk vomit around me, or a seizure a patient become incontinent and I am heaving and spewing everywhere.

I am not going to say I was a super jedi medic with no feelings by any means. Many a day I went home and squeezed my kids until they thought they were going to pop, because of the site of an injured or deceased child. There were times (after a call was complete or once I got off shift that I cried about a specific scenario/incident. There wer times that I cried because I knew that I was lucky for being able to come home because of the danger of the particular call we had run the night before. You get calmed down and begin to think ablout those situations and it's like "Holy Sh*t!! That was way to close!! You keep all of that in during the incident, because a lot of times you don't have time to think about anything but the next 15-20 seconds ahead. Its after the incident that it gets to you.

Cap
                            Last edited by CAP; 03-19-2008, 09:33 PM.

Comment

But, Long story-short, I got my belly full and got out of it all together.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X