Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Facts from IACSP

Here are some Fast Facts courtesy of IACSP:

+265 - Percentage change since 2000 in the value of China's private security surveillance industry:

310 - Minimum number of edits to Wikipedia since June 2004 that have been traced to the CIA:

10 - Feet on each side of the Canadian/U.S. border that by law are supposed to be clear of brush:

44 - Percentage of the border that has not been maintained since 2000:

+50 - Percentage change since the start of the Iraq "surge" in the number of Iraqis detained in U.S.-run prisons:

+540 Percentage change in the number of Iraqis aged nine to seventeen detained:

16 - Number who said they had done it for the money:

0 - Number of the world's most valuable companies last year that were Chinese:

3 - Number this year:

$8 Billion - Estimated amount that Americans lose every year by not redeeming gift cards:

11,854 - Number of Christmas Trees FedExed last year to U.S. Troops:

14,000 - Number of golf clubs a Phoenix tourism group sent to troops overseas as part of its "Operation White Christmas" last year:

Source: Harpers, The Economist, The Washington Times
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Curt, thank you very much. That is a lot of interesting information. A couple are problematic.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

Interesting information and happy to see it ending with something on a good note with the Xmas Trees to the troops, etc. Interesting to note the number of CIA based edits that could be traced - how many more were not traceable ?
      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
        Interesting information and happy to see it ending with something on a good note with the Xmas Trees to the troops, etc. Interesting to note the number of CIA based edits that could be traced - how many more were not traceable ?
        ...and what were they editing? I mean, if they're only correcting the spelling of names and fixing specific dates, that'd be fine... but somehow, I doubt it.
        "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

"The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

Comment

What the CIA and probably other government agents do anything not right ? Naaaaaahhhhhhh Dark ......... can't believe it and I categorically deny it. I am sure they are not the only ones who have been out with the red pen making ummmmmmmmm `corrections` ?
          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Maybe Wikipedia is just too much competition for the World Fact Book.
            "A good deed’s like pissing yourself in dark pants. Warm feeling but no one notices." - Jacob Taylor

Comment

I have no problem whatsoever with the CIA or anyone else correcting some of the gross errors you can find on Wikipedia. Besides, many "edits" are simply filling in missing information, not changing things. So what?
              "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X