It's official.....I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official.....I think

It was just anounced on Mike & Mike radio (tv) that Brett Favre has informed the Packers that he's retiring...
    One can only wonder if this is true
    "Life In Every Breath"

That will be a loss for the Packers. But, being a Vikings fan I'm not THAT dissapointed.

Comment

Being from the Boston area, that kinda makes our Tom Brady # One for
      the New England Patriots.
      http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Being from the Boston area, that kinda makes our Tom Brady # One for the New England Patriots.
        One down, 3 to go...

1) Favre Check!!!
        2) Manning
        3) Manning
        "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

"The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

Comment

Originally posted by LPAjh9558 View Post
          It was just anounced on Mike & Mike radio (tv) that Brett Favre has informed the Packers that he's retiring...
          One can only wonder if this is true
          Who are Mike & Mike, In fact who is Brett Favre. (Did I ever mention that after having worked almost 30 years on the 3p.m. to 11p.m. shift & most weekends that I am not a sports fan? I can not even name all the teams in the NHL - the only professional sports games that I went to a few times a year was the Expos & they were stolen from us)
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Mike & Mike is a sports show that's on tv every morning (ESPN). It's understandable.....working that shift would keep someone out of the loop on the goings on in the sport world

Who are/were the Expos Wait a minute, I forgot that they used to call Montreal home I've slept since then ya know...LOL
            "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

Originally posted by LPAjh9558 View Post
              Who are/were the Expos Wait a minute, I forgot that they used to call Montreal home I've slept since then ya know...LOL
              You are almost as mean as one of the hotel chains I work for. The year after the Expos are taken from us we become the "Offical Hotel of the Major League Baseball" & they send us lapel pins to wear. We threw them in the garbage!!
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                You are almost as mean as one of the hotel chains I work for. The year after the Expos are taken from us we become the "Offical Hotel of the Major League Baseball" & they send us lapel pins to wear. We threw them in the garbage!!
                Just giving you a hard time...
                To be honest, the only time that I really watch sports (Pros) is when the playoffs come around. And even then it's usually the superbowl, world series etc. Just depends on if there's a team playing that I like

Other than that, I stick with mostly college football/baseball

BTW, if the Supersonics (NBA) move here, you're more than welcome to drop in for a game sometime! We actually have a "minor" league baseball team also...
                Last edited by LPAjh9558; 03-05-2008, 05:55 PM.
                "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

With our own football back when I was a kid, the players worked full time jobs, trained 2-3 days a week and played for the love of it. It was biffo galore with most men playing until they were late 30's and then heading over to England to play for another 5-10 years in a much slower paced league.

Now with the pressure of hard performances, longer seasons and professional athletes working hard to keep fitness for 11 months of the year and being paid to play sport it is an era now where 33 - 35 it is time to hang up the jock-strap. He did well to maintain his performance but it is better to go out a on a high than to be injured and unable to play with your kids or have a normal life after the playing days are over.

No-one wants to see a 50 year old bloke in a walker playing on a field and I know the injuries of our footballers (no-one wears helmets or pads like a sheila) has resulted in some shocking life-time scars that never heal over.
                  "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X