Happy Groundhog Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Groundhog Day

So.....How many saw their shadow this morning?
    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
    So.....How many saw their shadow this morning?
    I did. Of course, I was standing in the kitchen with the lights on at the time....does that count, or do you have to wait for daylight?
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

We had sunshine for a few hours in the morning, so I guess yes. But the animal would have dug out an extra foot of snow as we had some of that storm that came up through Texas.

Being from PA though, you would have the well known source right there
      Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
      Groucho Marx

Comment

It was total cloud coverage out in my area of California this morning.

Unfortunatly, since the writer strike is still going on out here, I will not be able to see any movies, or TV shows, with the answers to that question anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
          Unfortunatly, since the writer strike is still going on out here, I will not be able to see any movies, or TV shows, with the answers to that question anytime soon.
          Canada will be sending some episodes of Corner Gas and the Ghost Whisperer to you soon. That should get the Writers back to work
          Groucho Marx

Comment

I did see my shadow when retrieving the Washington Post and Manassas Journal from their respective boxes.
            Also listened to News Radio WTOP about those drivers vying for Darwin's annual rewards for the terminally stupid. As a Virginia State Police Sergeant stated, "When it is five degrees below freezing and you happen upon a shining area of the road, it is ice not a reflecting pool."
            Enjoy the day,
            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              Canada will be sending some episodes of Corner Gas and the Ghost Whisperer to you soon. That should get the Writers back to work
              And what is wrong with Corner Gas I like it!
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                And what is wrong with Corner Gas I like it!
                Sorry, did not mean it that way. Corner Gas is a great show and it should be shared everywhere. Some segments can be seen on youtube for those who have not watched.
                (I have a second cousin who played a couple of bit parts in 3 episodes)
                Groucho Marx

Comment

Wasn't it Groundhog Day yesterday?
                  The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
                    Wasn't it Groundhog Day yesterday?
                    It was. That is why in the upper left hand corner of the 1st post it says YESTERDAY!
                    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                      It was. That is why in the upper left hand corner of the 1st post it says YESTERDAY!
                      Or perhaps I was making a humorous reference to a Bill Murray film?
                      The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
                        Or perhaps I was making a humorous reference to a Bill Murray film?
                        In that case, I'll let you all know the answer tomorrow. Or the next day.

Or the next day.

Or the next day.

Or the...

(It's probably a loop I'd never get out of.)
                        "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

"The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X