Best Buy I think not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Buy I think not

The other day my DVD burner crapped out so I thought I would take a run to Best Buy and pick up a new one. Sure I knew it would be a couple bucks difference than my favorite vendor New Egg but it would be quick and installed today. But a little voice told me to check on line (No it was not my cats voice) As you will see when you split screen and click the links the price was dramatically different. Delivered in two days and I installed right away.

Look at the price in both sites and see if you can guess where I brought my new DVD Burner with light Scribe

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827140025

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1176506511356
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

WOW 50% for the same product - HP is good. Same as online purchase of my PDA phone - brand new $1499 RRP or $1135 from discounter. $695.00 from online outlet of a major store - with a $10.00 fee for direct collection. I would have gladly waited the 3 days in your case to say over $35.00 !!
    "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
      WOW 50% for the same product - HP is good. Same as online purchase of my PDA phone - brand new $1499 RRP or $1135 from discounter. $695.00 from online outlet of a major store - with a $10.00 fee for direct collection. I would have gladly waited the 3 days in your case to say over $35.00 !!
      'You was robbed'.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

I pretty much do all of my major purchases online anymore. It's amazing the discounts that are out there compared to the box stores. I can see why the low overhead of just having a shipping facility would be much better than the overhead of salespersons, rent, utilities, display cases, etc.

On this topic, I was researching the purchase of an elaborate power analyzer for my electronics design. Retail the system I bought was $3599. On-line I was able to find a few places that sold it for $2999. Then I came across a site that sold it for $1250. I was skeptical but since I was putting it on my company card I figured I would buy it. I got the system 3 days later and it was excellent. Come to find out the "Electronics Outlet" that I purchased it from was actually an FBI front to catch people using stolen credit cards. They went and bought one at retail and sent it to me. I found out a couple weeks later on a news website about the sting on online credit card fraud. In the article they listed the website I purchased the analyzer on.

So I guess I have to thank all of you taxpayers for my discount.

Comment

Yup glad we could help. I just learned that USA Comp was getting out of the store retail end due to overhead and online stores. Although New Egg is based in Cali they have distribution centers in Edison NJ and a few other places to give you speedy delivery.I saved $300.00 by purchasing my LCD HD from New Egg. Think I will start following them in the market that is if they are a listed member.

I have never been a big fan of Best Buy anyway and would expect them to follow suit soon. And like Rooney I do most my purchases on line. Kind of like Xmas waiting for the package to arrive then the thrill of opening it.

Comment

Need to buy computer stuff?

newegg.com
            zipzoomfly.com

Need to check an online price of computer stuff?
            pricewatch.com

I buy things online. If I need it immediately, zipzoomfly has free 3 day shipping, some items being free overnight.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post

I have never been a big fan of Best Buy anyway and would expect them to follow suit soon. And like Rooney I do most my purchases on line. Kind of like Xmas waiting for the package to arrive then the thrill of opening it.
              I worked at Best Buy from May of 2002-January 2003. I worked LP. For most
              of the time I stood at the entrance in my yellow Best Buy polo shirt, and
              checked receipts, or did invetory on incoming shipments. But on my resume'
              I had cashier experience. From Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving till
              after Chistmas, I was married to a register. Of course that left with no
              one to do LP. About three day before Christmas somone grabbed as many
              music c/d, and a television and bolted out the door into the parking lot and I am sure into a waiting car.

If I recall Best Buy has a policy that once a shoplifter left Best Buy we could not persue them.

Best Buy on good days just prior to Christmas day would do $300,000 in sales.
              At my register alone from 0800-1400 one day, I did $23,000 in sales.
              We had eight registers open and the wait was 30 minutes to check out

Only plus I had working at Best Buy,I was a very popular Santa Claus.
              Employee discounts made a big difference.
              http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Rooney we used to have fencing and pawn stings when honest people would come in as genuine buyers as police were running the store - it made a profit before they hit big with the stolen merchandise arrests of those no so honest.

Comment

Best Buy I think not

I hate say it but you right about best buy . I did detail for them for and after Hurricane Katrina. They gave use the employee discount. Which is cost I got a usb cable extender for my web cam the the sticker price 30.28 after the discount it cam to 5.20 with tax. Best buy has very high mark up.
                  CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

I worked for an auto service company and the power antenna for car was $400 plus $150.00 fitting. It cost me $37.00 and lunch to get it replaced and fitted. It is normally and area where it is sold as a complete car audio package. No it was no mercedes or BMW just a regular mitsubishi sedan ...... that had the auto power up antenna. My neices got Digital cameras that year - retail $399 and I paid $120.00 something ...... each. I don't think working in women's fashion is of any good to me for a discount and with my wife2b spending $1200 on a designer dress with a 70% discount (they tossed in a handbag, accessories and other crap plus shoes), I told her it was a once off as I don't want to work to pay for my own wages.

Comment

Come on Guys plz tell where you are getting these deals. Being from a long line of cheap skates I hate to pay a penny more than I need. The problem is that a lot of the good deals turn out to be cheap knock offs like the new Rolex I bought in the 70s at a fraction of the price. It ran for about two weeks DOH!!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X