Traffic stops seem ticket less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic stops seem ticket less

I don't know what's up around here lately but a few months ago it was rare to here a police traffic stop that didn't result in a written ticket. Lately I haven't heard a single call that a motorist was cited for anything. That includes the running a red light is always good for a large fine. Seems that when the cops call in it is verbal warnings for most everything. This is the local scanning area that encompasses many towns. I asked a Trooper friend and he said that the state is pressuring them to write more tickets and they resent it. Brings back the old quota jokes. Any one else notice this happening in your area?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Chucky; 01-28-2008, 12:40 AM.
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

I live in New Jersey and work in New York. Our car pool makes it a game to count the cops on the road between home and work. The average, when we started the game 4 months agao, was 3-5, but in the past month, that number has jumped to 8. Just this Sunday we counted 12, and 9 had people pulled over. Heck, one of the other car pools from my town (we have three carpool loads) got pulled over- for driving too slow (54 in a 65). I didn't even know you could get cited for that.
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

It's called - Impeading the traffic flow. I've cited for, when in LE, for this.
      Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
      Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
        The guy also stopped to read his insurance card, to make sure it wasn't expired, before he gave ot to the cop. I would have cited him too.
        The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
          Me too, although never for 54 in a 65 (more like 35 in a 65). Must have been some unusual circumstance involved, perhaps with some other vehicle/safety infractions tossed in.
          Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-29-2008, 11:48 AM.
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
            The guy also stopped to read his insurance card, to make sure it wasn't expired, before he gave ot to the cop. I would have cited him too.
            This happens all the time when I stop people. I don't usually give it a second thought, especially when you have the people who have 9-10 insurance cards that date back over the last 5 years, stockpiled in the glovebox. It's better than not having one.

As far as ticket writing goes, Im not a very big fan of it, you REALLY have to earn one for me to write one out, but then again, not everyone thinks like I do.
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
              I don't know what's up around here lately but a few months ago it was rare to here a police traffic stop that didn't result in a written ticket. Lately I haven't heard a single call that a motorist was cited for anything. That includes the running a red light is always good for a large fine. Seems that when the cops call in it is verbal warnings for most everything. This is the local scanning area that encompasses many towns. I asked a Trooper friend and he said that the state is pressuring them to write more tickets and they resent it. Brings back the old quota jokes. Any one else notice this happening in your area?
              It is illegal for police to strike in Quebec so during contract negociations they do all sorts of pressure tactics. Not giving out tickets is one of them. Are the police in your area in negociations?
              I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
              Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X