Towing Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing Cars

For those who live in the snow belt, what are the rules about parking on the streets during snow storms. It is snowing in the Boston area as I write this
    The neighbor next door had left his car on the street. Snow plow driver comes
    down the street, sees car in road, calls police and tow truck, and $150 later the same person can get his car out of the police impounding parking lot

Have a nice day
    Last edited by copelandamuffy; 01-27-2008, 11:06 AM.
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

The Dating Scene?

Anyway re the Towing Scene, Montreal does the same & it costs about the same except the snow removal guy does not have to call the police. Tow trucks go ahead of the snow removal crew honking their special horns. (Sound like European sirens). They make 2 or 3 passes. If the cars are still there on the last pass they tow them. Each tow truck has a driver & a city By-Law Enforcement officer. The car is towed to a nearby street & a ticket is put on it. You have to call the city to find where your car was towed to & pay or fight the ticket the same as a parking ticket.
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I am ssssooooo glad I live in a place where it doesn't snow.
      Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
        I am ssssooooo glad I live in a place that doesn't get huricanes, tornadoes etc.
        I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
        Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

My site, I/we must obtain permission fron the Property Manager in order to have vehicles towed; granted, when it's slow for business as is this time of year, I generally will not tow any cars, but will leave parking warnings instead.. However, as an example, I am considering towing cars that are occupying Handicap spaces without permit after the owner being paged 2 times within 30 minutes. Also, the errant customer who feels that thet are OK to park in the Fire Lane, turn on their hazards, and go shopping for 20 minutes... If it were up to me, those people would return to find their car missing...

However, given the day of the week when PM staff may not be available, I will make an executive decision as to wether a car gets towed off property or not...
          “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
          "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

I am so glad I don't live in a place that snows, has hurricanes, tornadoes .......... but we do have other problems like bushfires and floods up north right now.

Here, I can get a Disabled Parking permit for myself or family if approved by a Doctor which means closer parking, or free parking in timed parking for free all day. Often parking in the city, I would find these mongrels getting out of their BMW's in expensive suits and parking for free. My best mate's ex used to use his permit without him knowing, to park 10 yds from the train station rather than use the carpark 700 yds away. She got busted 1 night as I happened to drive through to the station as my best mate rings me to say he cops are on his back about her using his pass. He almost lost it by her greed but it is very commony now to see able bodied people with disabled parking permits.

Our local counties or councils have local LEO's who are just nothing special. They follow through on dumping, dogs and parking issues with some teams making millions in parking fines as people blocking main roads in peak hours are just fined, towed and fined again - spot on 1500.
            "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by EMTGuard View Post
              Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
              I am ssssooooo glad I live in a place that doesn't get huricanes, tornadoes etc.
              I just wish that I lived somewhere that didn't get tornadoes and/or snow
              "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X