X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For you guys who love police scanners

http://www.police-scanner.info/live-police-scanners.htm

Free website to listen to different areas live

Who needs a scanner? I just listen to the police helicopter yelling at people to come out and surrender.

Comment

Unfortunately you will not hear Ottawa. In Canada it is illegal to rebroadcast these transmissions. Industry Canada shut down a site that was broadcasting Quebec City Fire Department via the net.
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Pretty much all our police networks are digital now but still run analogue for some areas that do have bad drop outs.
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by craig333 View Post
          Who needs a scanner? I just listen to the police helicopter yelling at people to come out and surrender.
          We see the police helicopters all the time where I live. It makes for a great nite light when we need 'em
          "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

Montreal Police shared a helicopter with the RCMP. They stopped it partially due to the very high cost & partially due to complaints by citizens. They complained that the helicopter orbiting around their homes during an operation at night, kept them awake!

Comment

I love scanners. I am working on getting my Uniden BC780XLT reprogrammed for my desk. I am probably going to get another scanner to capture the freqs of the other LP's so we know whats going on there as well.
              "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

I used to listen a fair amount. Was even very handy when I was with CDF and riding in the back of the engine. I could know what was going on. But like a lot of things it got old plus just too much effort trying to stay up date on the frequencies and to expensive trying to stay up with the latest technology. But there are times at work and at home when somethings happening outside I wish I was listening.

Comment

Originally posted by craig333 View Post
                  I used to listen a fair amount. Was even very handy when I was with CDF and riding in the back of the engine. I could know what was going on. But like a lot of things it got old plus just too much effort trying to stay up date on the frequencies and to expensive trying to stay up with the latest technology. But there are times at work and at home when somethings happening outside I wish I was listening.
                  The internet has made all this simple these days.

Comment

Originally posted by LPAjh9558 View Post
                    We see the police helicopters all the time where I live. It makes for a great nite light when we need 'em
                    I was awakened early one morning (3:00AM) by a helicopter hovering overhead. The loud speaker was blaring - 'this is the San Diego Police Department. All of the vehicles blocking the roadway must be immediately removed, or they will be towed'. One of the neighbors down the one lane canyon roadway was having a party. My next door neighbor had a mountain lion who became quite disturbed by all the noise.
                    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Baillie View Post
                      I was awakened early one morning (3:00AM) by a helicopter hovering overhead. The loud speaker was blaring - 'this is the San Diego Police Department. All of the vehicles blocking the roadway must be immediately removed, or they will be towed'. One of the neighbors down the one lane canyon roadway was having a party. My next door neighbor had a mountain lion who became quite disturbed by all the noise.
                      Did he take it for walks? You show up on the noisy doorstep with a mountain lion to emphasize your displeasure, and I'm betting the party quiets down right smartly!

"Quiet, please! Bloodlust here doesn't like the racket (as you can see from the swipes he's taking at your face), and I'm not sure how much longer I can control him. Incidentally...you haven't seen his big brother, Maneater, have you? No? He seems to have gotten loose, the naughty boy. I only mention it because he hates loud parties too. The last party in this neighborhood, he got out and we didn't have to feed him for a month. Well, perhaps you'll spot him in time. Good night!"
                      Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-22-2008, 09:01 AM.
                      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Florida is getting hard to hear anything. FHP went super high end stuff (microwave and sat) and dumped the trunk and astro band. County is using trunking with constant channel rotations and data burts (all I hear half the time is data junk anymore). Local PD's are not to bad. But the way the Sheriff here is soaking up PD's the entire county will be, well county.
                        My views, opinions and statements are my own. They are not of my company, affiliates or coworkers.

-Being bagger at Publix has more respect these days

-It's just a job kid deal with it

-The industry needs to do one of two things; stop fiddling with the thin line and go forward or go back to that way it was. A flashlight in one hand and your set of keys in the other

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
                          Did he take it for walks? You show up on the noisy doorstep with a mountain lion to emphasize your displeasure, and I'm betting the party quiets down right smartly!

"Quiet, please! Bloodlust here doesn't like the racket (as you can see from the swipes he's taking at your face), and I'm not sure how much longer I can control him. Incidentally...you haven't seen his big brother, Maneater, have you? No? He seems to have gotten loose, the naughty boy. I only mention it because he hates loud parties too. The last party in this neighborhood, he got out and we didn't have to feed him for a month. Well, perhaps you'll spot him in time. Good night!"
                          When the Mountain Lion roared all the Coyotes listened as did all of the other canyon creatures - even the Mocking Birds.

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Amazing, the pets some people have.

"Yes, that's my mountain lion up in the tree. He's a playful cuss...loves to tussle with the boa constrictor. Oh...and you might want to step back from the pond a bit. That log you see floating near the bank is actually my alligator and he can be a little snappish at times."

"What? Expensive to feed? Not at all...we have an ample supply of magazine and encyclopedia salesmen in these parts and you know that no one ever comes looking for them."
                            Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-29-2008, 09:41 AM.
                            "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

One thing about it. When 'house guests" came to visit - they didn't stay as long as when I lived in Scottsdale.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X