This will freak you out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will freak you out.

On my Gaming forum someone posted this link. It got many different comments. Other than the obvious creepy feelings I wonder if it might stop the ladies that kill pregnant moms to extract the baby and claim it as her own.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qij9J7M3k2c
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

The gal that was in the tape was cute, I'm sure she would not have a problem getting someone to give her some baby making time if she wanted a real baby.

I think that some of these ladies may know they might not make the best mother of a real child, but they still want someone to bond with, so, as far as I'm concerned, as long as they are not committing a crime, or using the doll for purposes to get an advantage over others, they can play their silly little game.

Comment

Some leading robotics expert in the UK recently predicted that before 2050 we would have robots sufficiently "humanoid" that people would buy them to have sex with them. They will have human-feeling skin and can obviously be programmed to scream "Yes, YES <your-chosen-screamname>!"

Aside from the continuous din that will be caused by all this screaming (we predict that some urban areas like New Orleans during Mardi Gras will be audible from the moon), he felt this would be a very good thing for the "unattractive" people in society and would reduce the burden on landfills resulting from the use of condoms, and their packages.

It's not hard to understand why he's an expert in robotics rather than sociology, psychology or human relationships.

However, it does give new meaning to "Crank her up to warp speed, Scotty!"....
      Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-10-2008, 02:17 PM.
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Reminds me of WEST WORLD with Yul Brunner as a deranged robot. The 2 blokes were screwing the female bar girl robots and I just hoped they were steam cleaned before returning to service.

I am afraid to ask you blokes how you have so much knowledge of this topic ?
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
          Some leading robotics expert in the UK recently predicted that before 2050 we would have robots sufficiently "humanoid" that people would buy them to have sex with them. They will have human-feeling skin and can obviously be programmed to scream "Yes, YES <your-chosen-screamname>!"

Aside from the continuous din that will be caused by all this screaming (we predict that some urban areas like New Orleans during Mardi Gras will be audible from the moon), he felt this would be a very good thing for the "unattractive" people in society and would reduce the burden on landfills resulting from the use of condoms, and their packages.

It's not hard to understand why he's an expert in robotics rather than sociology, psychology or human relationships.

However, it does give new meaning to "Crank her up to warp speed, Scotty!"....
          Ask and you will receive.
          http://dir.salon.com/story/mwt/featu...lls/index.html
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
          http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NRM_Oz View Post
            I am afraid to ask you blokes how you have so much knowledge of this topic ?
            Well, if you're interested in security these days, you probably follow robotics on various boards and blogs, and sometimes you run across some very strange things!

Seriously, aside from this application, the next 10-25 years are going to be very interesting (and weird, in some cases) in terms of what's just over the horizon in robotics.

Another major field of inquiry that will probably have significant impact on security (and many other aspects of life) is nanotechnology...the ability to produce molecular-sized machines, sensors, etc. We tend to think of medical applications for nanotechnology, which will be huge, of course. However, when I add that it has been shown that nano-devices can now literally be created by fairly ordinary bubblejet printing technology costing a few hundred dollars, you're looking at a whole new world. The thickness of ink is not something we think about or can detect with the eye, but it's many molecules thick.

For instance, a GPS microdevice might literally be printed onto a product label or stamped into a product logo. This could spell trouble for certain kinds of pirates and gray-marketers (such as pharmaceuticals).

On the other hand, you're also talking sophisticated motion- or pressure-sensing bomb detonators smaller than the size of the period at the end of this sentence, too. Or, perhaps you're at a trade show. An agent of an unfriendly entity hands you a business card, which they then use to track you. Perhaps another agent also gives you a promotional pen from his "company". The card could have circuitry that communicates with the pen, transmitting your conversations...or maybe releasing a whiff of poison gas at some predetermined GPS-triggered location. Don't laugh...these would be quite elementary chores for this technology.

The possibilities are both exciting and frightening. It's very interesting to look around yourself and think about the implications of ordinary devices in "micro-format"...and the different environments that micro-sizing would permit them to occupy. What about an iPod injected directly into your body, complete with the antenna and Internet access needed to download tunes? Got a ring with a little birth stone or other gem? Take that gem out, place a couple of "dots" in the recess which comprise all the circuitry of your laptop computer, cell phone, TV and two-way radio, combined. Pop the gem back in place.

You can get a little silly thinking about this, but flying was "silly" at one time, too. The main constraints are human interfaces to these microdevices, but work on that is proceeding furiously apace. Your "ring-bling-everything" device, for instance, will use bluetooth type technologies to send images to your eyeglass heads-up display and your implanted earphone/mike, while micro-circuits in your fingers will detect typing motions - no keyboard needed.

Remember the card above? If you want to get really "silly" but still remain within the world of possibility, consider people exchanging data merely by shaking hands. The implanted "card" in my hand links up with the same device in your hand. Shake hands with anyone at the trade show, and you collect all their data.

Of course, it might be two intelligence agents or terrorists who are shaking hands in an airport, too...

It's not just what can be "made tiny", either. It's about nano-devices enabling other devices in the world to be made much smaller, more efficient, controlled automatically or from a distance, collecting information, etc. In the world of medicine, for instance, nanotechnology replaces control circuitry in an insulin pump, making the pump both more accurate and much smaller, now needing only the space required to contain the insulin and delivery port. You won't see pacemakers or implantable defibrillators forming a "bulge" in someone's chest anymore.

These technologies are reality now, and no one has begun to even imagine their applications. The only thing we know is that they will be transforming the world in profound ways, both for good and for evil.
            Last edited by SecTrainer; 01-12-2008, 05:52 AM.
            "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X