Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's your sign............

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Here's your sign............

    Especially at this time of year I love seeing all the stupid people that walk around outside in 30 degree weather wearing only their t-shirt, hoody and shorts

    Then again, my favorite is when a customer asks, "Do you work here?"
    "Life In Every Breath"

  • #2
    I always tell them "no, I don't work here."
    Top Flight

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm giving my opinion once again.

      If you are wearing a uniform, people will think you work where ever you are.

      Even if you are just eating lunch some where, people will come up to ask you questions about the place you are at, or the area you are in.

      It's just one of those things that go with the job. I look at it as a plus, rather then a minus, as the people asking need help (usually) with something, and they look to someone who they feel would be most likely to be able to help them.

      And, with that uniform on, and, hopefully, with your clean cut, professional image you are projecting, they feel comfortable coming to you to get good information. Remember to think that it could be your family member asking one of us a question. How would you want them treated? You should treat others the way you want your family treated!

      So, if you have a good answer to their question, provide it to them in a friendly way. If you don't, tell them nicely you do not know, but try to point them in the right direction to get the info or help they need.

      This costs you nothing, and yet provides a service that can only help you be better at your job, and how others view you.

      Comment


      • #4
        My Security Officer working on xmas day reported 3 calls of people asking, "is the mall open today?"
        "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bpdblue View Post
          If you are wearing a uniform, people will think you work where ever you are.

          Even if you are just eating lunch some where, people will come up to ask you questions about the place you are at, or the area you are in.

          It's just one of those things that go with the job. I look at it as a plus, rather then a minus, as the people asking need help (usually) with something, and they look to someone who they feel would be most likely to be able to help them.

          And, with that uniform on, and, hopefully, with your clean cut, professional image you are projecting, they feel comfortable coming to you to get good information. Remember to think that it could be your family member asking one of us a question. How would you want them treated? You should treat others the way you want your family treated!

          So, if you have a good answer to their question, provide it to them in a friendly way. If you don't, tell them nicely you do not know, but try to point them in the right direction to get the info or help they need.

          This costs you nothing, and yet provides a service that can only help you be better at your job, and how others view you.
          Anything that has LPA in its username is most likely not wearing a uniform. Target's TPSes usually call themselves TPS, and the contract guards at Wal-Mart call themselves security guards.

          Some Kind of Commando Leader

          "Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
            My Security Officer working on xmas day reported 3 calls of people asking, "is the mall open today?"
            The non-Christian population is growing in North America. Not everyone celebrates CHRISTmas.
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
              My Security Officer working on xmas day reported 3 calls of people asking, "is the mall open today?"
              YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!

              Last year I was at a petrol station (gas) and went in to get a drink when a good dozen people came in looking for a newspaper (we used to have them sometimes on public holidays but they were limited and very thin). This was the same group of people who walked into the glass door which had a sign - USE NEXT DOOR.
              "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                The non-Christian population is growing in North America. Not everyone celebrates CHRISTmas.
                Yeah and by not opening the mall on CHRISTmas you are descriminating against us

                ***NOTE*** While not a christian that was completly a joke!
                SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Christmas

                  Has not been a Christian holiday since Hallmark and Wal-Mart opened up. It's all about getting stuff you don't really need. Besides, if we Christians celebrated Christmas when we should, we certainly wouldn't be decorating with snow... Sorry, as a theology student, just had to post that. Not hi-jacking...

                  Back on topic...I work at a bar where people come in nightly (while customers are clearly inside) to ask if we are open. When the parking lot is packed, the music is playing, and people are drinking, we are probably open...

                  Comment

                  Leaderboard

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X