Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yay for Xmas!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yay for Xmas!

    Hey just wondering if anyone got any really nice presents. I got a new LCD monitor so now I can read this website much easier as it is much more clear then my old monitor which was from '93 LOL.

    My cousin who is an officer for the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) gave me some new keepers, a baton holder (I don't have a baton though, but whatever if I ever get one, boom I get the case and I am set.), a latex carrying case for my duty belt (I have just been using my side pocket up until now... lol) and he said he forgot one other thing which was a med-pack for my belt which would have a mouth piece for mouth to mouth and all that other good safety stuff that comes with it.

    My cousin's presents made me very happy as its the first present I have received thats security related.

    Next up is a GPS for the car, LOL the joys of having a birthday 2 months after Christmas.

  • #2
    My gift: A day off from work.

    Unfortunately, that was exactly the opposite of what I wanted. No holiday pay for me

    I got myself a new pistol last week though, so I guess that's something.

    Comment


    • #3
      Two most dreaded words in the english language "Assembly Required"
      You are not defeated unless you believe you are -Fernando
      The world is full of willing people; some willing to work and the rest willing to let them - Robert Frost

      Comment


      • #4
        I got the news that our company, in all its wisdom has decided to honor not the 24th and 25th as holidays, but the 25th and 26th.

        So all of us who were roped into Christmas Eve work have basically been screwed.
        "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
        "The Curve" 1998

        Comment


        • #5
          I got a Milwaukee Saws-All and a Milwaukee angle-drive drill for Christmas. Now I'm going to start some demo work on the house.

          I also got a few shirts and the usual Christmas tie with little Santa's on it.

          And, I worked eight hours on Christmas for a break from the relatives and for a bit of OT!
          "Striking terrific terror in the hearts of criminals everywhere" Since 1977.

          Comment


          • #6
            Haven't open the gifts yet! Will not be off until Friday then we have our busiest weekend of the year.

            Cactus - Does the new Ontario law allow you to carry a baton?
            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

            Comment


            • #7
              I've read conflicting reports on it, some have said that yes we can as long as we are certified to have one (I believe we must also prove that we need one which shouldn't be hard as my survival is at the top of my list of things to accomplish on a daily basis lol)

              But I have also read that we can't have batons, cuffs, anything of use... so I'm still unsure. I know when my cousin (the OPP officer) was working security years ago the day after he got stabbed his company outfitted EVERY guard with a baton. Sad that it takes something that drastic to happen before we are allowed to protect ourselves properly.

              Comment


              • #8
                I got mostly money $$$$ along with some clothes Now all I have to do is decide on what to buy with it
                "Life In Every Breath"

                Comment


                • #9
                  I don't usually say much about presents and good times with family to single or recently divorced coworkers / friends. But that is just me.

                  Cactus - If your company allows and if you have annual training you can carry a baton.
                  http://www.search.e-laws.gov.on.ca/e...tutes&context=

                  Talk with your coworkers, review reports to better prove your need to carry defensive weapons. The company may still be concerned about legal issues, but you & your safety is worth trying.

                  Originally posted by Cactus View Post
                  I've read conflicting reports on it, some have said that yes we can as long as we are certified to have one (I believe we must also prove that we need one which shouldn't be hard as my survival is at the top of my list of things to accomplish on a daily basis lol)

                  But I have also read that we can't have batons, cuffs, anything of use... so I'm still unsure. I know when my cousin (the OPP officer) was working security years ago the day after he got stabbed his company outfitted EVERY guard with a baton. Sad that it takes something that drastic to happen before we are allowed to protect ourselves properly.
                  Last edited by Eric; 12-27-2007, 06:41 AM.
                  Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                  Groucho Marx

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    A picture is worth a thousand rounds .



                    You all now have permission to officially envy me!

                    Just got to buy a 3rd mag and qualify with it in February during department quarterly quals. have to carry my Beretta till then.
                    ~Black Caesar~
                    Corbier's Commandos

                    " "The trouble with Socialism is that eventually you run out of other people's money." ~Margaret Thatcher

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Black Caesar View Post
                      A picture is worth a thousand rounds .



                      You all now have permission to officially envy me!

                      Just got to buy a 3rd mag and qualify with it in February during department quarterly quals. have to carry my Beretta till then.
                      The XD, eh BC? Very nice! Which model is that?

                      ...oh, and what address do you have for Santa Clause, please?! I sent my list off early, but all I got back was a note: "You'll shoot your eye out!". You got yours, so my Santa must have been bogus. In fact, now I think about that note again, my Santa sounds suspiciously like my Mom!
                      Last edited by SecTrainer; 12-27-2007, 08:38 AM.
                      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

                      "I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

                      "There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

                      "History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        This is what I got BTW it is an Anthracite model. I was hoping for a Bituminous model but that's life.
                        Attached Files
                        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                        http://www.boondocksaints.com/

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SecTrainer View Post
                          The XD, eh BC? Very nice! Which model is that?

                          ...oh, and what address do you have for Santa Clause, please?! I sent my list off early, but all I got back was a note: "You'll shoot your eye out!". You got yours, so my Santa must have been bogus. In fact, now I think about that note again, my Santa sounds suspiciously like my Mom!
                          Your problem was you addressed it to Santa Clause. It will probably be sent back to you with "no such person at this address" on the envelope. The gentleman's name is Santa Claus.

                          BTW his address is: North Pole, Canada H0H 0H0.
                          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I got (will be getting) a membership to the local police/security networking group. Also, some comfy new jammies and a ring, couple of books, Twizzlers (YUM), and sunglasses - Finally!!
                            That's a direct quote. Not word for word, but the gist of it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              From me to myself...
                              Limited edition lifecast of Peter Weller in Robocop makeup...



                              From the Missus, should be here shortly...
                              Level IIIA...


                              Here's hoping I never actually need it...
                              “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                              "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

                              Comment

                              Leaderboard

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X