Got new home phone service today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got new home phone service today

I just moved out on my own back in February and as I was shopping around for home phone service, I discovered Comcast's triple play package (home phone service, cable, and Internet service for $99/month). I decided to go with that thinking I was getting a great deal. Then the problems began.

For the first two months, people with local phone numbers who I have always been able to call when I was with AT&T were not able to call me unless they first dialed 1+ the area code before my number, and every time, they were charged for a long distance call. Also, I was not able to call home from my job. After complaining about this for the better part of two months, it was finally fixed.

Even after that was fixed, however, I continued having problems. Periodically, whenever the cable went out, I was without phone service. Luckily I have a cell phone, but why should I have to use my cell minutes any time I don't have home phone service?

After months of frustration over this, I finally called AT&T and am getting my service switched over today.

Anyone else with Comcast or any other VOIP phone service (ie., Vonage or Skype) have any similar stories?

I have had the Comcast triple deal thing for going on about two years, and aside from some static on rare occasions that never lasts more then a few seconds (due to againg cable lines in my rural area) I haven't had any problems with them yet.
    Never be afraid to try new things. Remember, amatures built the Ark while professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I have had Videotron (Quebec's biggest cable provider) for 2 years now (cable, telephone, internet). I pay just over $100.00 per month & have never had any problems. The battery has kept the phone working during the short few power failures we have had.
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Living on my own I see no need for a home phone. My cell goes every where I go and when I go to sleep so does my cell. To many years of being on call 24/7.
        Plus I just plain hate talking on the phone in general.
        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
        http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X