Internet Phone Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet Phone Service

Does anyone have any experience-good or bad with an Internet Phone Service Provider such as "Vonage".
    We are about 400 miles from "home" and my LOVELY WIFE is killing me on the long distance.
    Cell Phone Coverage is next to nothing inside the house, so Heaven forbid she step out on the front porch to make a call on it.

It is the most perfect and awesome and amazing thing, until you have a power failure and your phone won't work. Also, sometimes your phone will die for no appearant reason and you have to un[lug your router and plug it back in, but that's Linksys's fault, not Vonage.

Have you tried Skype?
    The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
      Does anyone have any experience-good or bad with an Internet Phone Service Provider such as "Vonage".
      We are about 400 miles from "home" and my LOVELY WIFE is killing me on the long distance.
      Cell Phone Coverage is next to nothing inside the house, so Heaven forbid she step out on the front porch to make a call on it.
      Ah the joys of the internet/phone! Hope the Wife isn't really killing you Mine took a small loan out and ssid it was to help with my insurance for when she did Guess she was referring to how much I play poker online
      "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

Originally posted by CameraMan View Post
        It is the most perfect and awesome and amazing thing, until you have a power failure and your phone won't work. Also, sometimes your phone will die for no appearant reason and you have to un[lug your router and plug it back in, but that's Linksys's fault, not Vonage.

Have you tried Skype?
        +1

Skype can get you rates of about $.02/minute, no other charges (telecom taxes, for example). Requires a high-speed connection for good results.

Comment

I have used the Comcast internet phone(in a bundle) for about two years now with no real complaints. Due to the rual area I am living in the old cable lines are a little lacking at times giving a few seconds of static. But I have loved it so far and the static I hear is a very rare occurance.
          Last edited by TheEskimo; 12-20-2007, 08:33 AM.
          Never be afraid to try new things. Remember, amatures built the Ark while professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I used skype while posted in the Middle East to call Australia, the states etc and have no complaints. Most of the western expats where I worked used skype, again with minimal complaints.
            You are not defeated unless you believe you are -Fernando
            The world is full of willing people; some willing to work and the rest willing to let them - Robert Frost

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X