X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love driving in Snow.

What is normally a 45 minute drive for myself to work, ended up
    almost 3 hours. My niece drive is about 40 minutes to work
    up Interstate 495 the loops around Boston was a four hour drive.

This is thanks in part to a nasty snow storm in the Boston area.
    Snowing at the rate of 2-3 inches an hour.
    White out conditions.
    Betwee six to twelve inches of snow.

By the way for you dolts who drive on Interstate 495, do you really need to
    stop in the right travel lane, get out of your car, and clear ice off the windshield.
    And top that off you leave your driver's side door open
    I must have counted at least 20 cars between Plainville and Taunton whose drivers were doing this

And am I wrong, but the more wealthy the car, the bigger the idiot driving the car?
    FYI: Mercedes, and Lexus stop no better in ice than my front wheel little car.

And as is always the case the 4x4 car drivers, and you SUV drivers, do
    you honestly believe your car can fly though snow better than my Nissan Sentra?

And you long haul truck drivers operating the big rigs. Do you think it is wise in snow and ice
    to whiz by at speeds that are much too dangerous for the road conditions.

Actually I do like snow. We have a Chirstmas tree we decorated
    in our front yard. Tree looks nice with the lights and snow.
    It is the jackasses that drive that I get annoyed at.
    Last edited by copelandamuffy; 12-13-2007, 08:05 PM.
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Sorry to hear that! It has been in the low 80s during the day and mid 60's during the night. LOL!

Be Safe,

Hank
    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

winter is beautiful with all the snow

Comment

Originally posted by The Hussard View Post
        winter is beautiful with all the snow
        Winter can be beautiful with warms breezes and palm trees too!

Be Safe,

Hank
        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
          Winter can be beautiful with warms breezes and palm trees too!

Be Safe,

Hank
          Bill to Hank, December thru February was a lovely time to be walking around cocked bombers at nearby McDill AFB. The word was you can talk to them; however, when they answer or start a conversation, you're history.
          Enjoy the day,
          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
            Sorry to hear that! It has been in the low 80s during the day and mid 60's during the night. LOL!

Be Safe,

Hank

I spent five years living in the Sun Belt { Houston}. I could never get used to Decembers with no snow. And as much as I complain about the snow, I could never understand how Santa and Rudolplh could land on my roof of my home without it being snow covered.

Christmas is for sitting by a roaring fire in your fireplace , and watching the man in the snow plow fly down street.December is for shopping in the malls, coming out to your car and freeze for 20 minutes till the car gets warm and toasty. Christmas is for walking across parking lots, and slipping and falling on a sheet of ice
            Tonight it is 15 degrees in Boston. The wife and I will be sitting by the fire and having a nice glass of wine, and watching "A Christmas Carol" on tv.

Not walking around in a short sleeve shirt, sandals, and shorts

In 1979 after living in Houston for five year I moved back to the snow belt.
            Last edited by copelandamuffy; 12-14-2007, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Living in the San Francisco bay-area as I do, the only snow we really get to go to is in the Lake Tahoe area. It's close, but a million miles away weather wise in winter. So going to the snow is fun, and something to look forward to.

My 3/4 ton, 4X4 suburban is so totally needed for my one to (maybe) two trips there in the snow every year, honest!

But I would guess living in snowsville is not so fun, especially when you have to drive in it all the time. There are jerk drivers everywhere, and inclement weather makes them even more dangerous. So, be extra careful, and let them do the crashing, just stay out of their way.

Comment

Last winter i bought continental viking tire with stud and it the best tire in the snow and black ice with this you can go everywhere

Comment

A friend of mine is a engineer on the of the four subway lines in Boston
                  He could not understand all the fuss about the snow.

It dawned on me that it does not snow on the subways because the cars the
                  subway cars run on, are buried in tunnels.

Comment

BFG Commercial A/T's with double studs.

I love people that drive 20 mph below the speed limit when its not even snowing... just because there's snow on a road doesn't mean it's the evil satan of death people.
                    Overmotivated and Underpaid... I'm a Security supervisors wet dream...

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Security View Post
                      BFG Commercial A/T's with double studs.

I love people that drive 20 mph below the speed limit when its not even snowing... just because there's snow on a road doesn't mean it's the evil satan of death people.
                      So why is Transports Qu├ębec spending money on radio & tv commercials telling everyone "it's winter, slow down"?
                      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Because Canadians are scared of the cold...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Security View Post
                          Because Canadians are scared of the cold...LOL
                          I love the cold & will even say so on a day when it is -40C!

BTW Last week Quebec became the first jurisdiction in North America making it manditory to have snow tires in the winter. (All season do not cut it in our climate). Safety experts were a little concerned because they are worried that some people will not change the snow tires in the summer & apparently driving on snow tires in the summer can be as dangerous as not having them in the winter.
                          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Ahhh the "Great White Death"....
                            K9...."Protect all who enter"

Comment

I take it by "snow tires" you mean studded tires?

Winter tires typically have softer/different compisition rubber compound to be able to facilitate traction on winter roads.

Studs damage roads if they don't have ice/snow on them, to have something for the studs to bite into other than the asphalt.. That's the reason they were concerned, not that there's any loss of traction..

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X