CCW permits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCW permits

Just wondering how many you, whether your work is armed or unarmed, have CCW permits and how many of you use your duty weapons as your carry weapons. I reside in Indiana and also have permits from Pennsylvania and New Hampshire and yes, I use my duty weapon as my CCW weapon as well.

Not an option here. Takes an act of god to get one in this county. I know people who have moved out of county solely for that reason.

Comment

Here in Arizona your CCW allows carry of just about anything lawful (even full auto if you have the fed stamp). I carry different weapons depending on the time of year. During hot months I carry a small .380 and a .25. During cool months when I can conceal better I will carry above with a Sig P220 .45. Being so close to the border and the crime potential I make sure I am well covered. If I'm working on a project at the border I will also have my AR-10 in the vehicle if needed.

Comment

Since I'm in California I have to consider myself a lucky one, in that as a retired police officer I just have my retired police officer I.D. card stamped with the statement "Authorized to carry a concealed weapon," with the card being signed by my former Chief of Police.

It's good in all 50 states, by way of federal law.

But, now that I think of it, I earned every letter in that statement by serving 23+ years as a sworn police officer.

I did have a concealed weapons permit for three years before getting hired as a full time police officer, because I was a reserve police officer during those years, and the Chief of Police I worked for as a reserve gave out CCW'S to his reserves.

You too can do this, just go to, and graduate from, a police academy, get hired on a police department, make it through your career in one piece, and you should get the same thing.

Comment

I work unarmed but I have a CCW and carry every day when off duty.
          Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I have one, as does my wife, but I'm not stupid enough to carry my issued duty weapon on my personal time.

You do, and have to use it, guess what? Your gun gets an evidence tag, your employer says "you're not authorized to to ANYTHING with that weapon outside of work", and you get a pink slip. Especially with the company I work for...We had to sign a huge waiver when we got our new guns issued that included specifying how the gun went into locked, hard-sided container FORTHWITH upon arriving home, and doesn't see the light of day until the next shift.

Comment

I have a CHL. My employer is anti-gun so I am unarmed.
              "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

CCW permits

I plan get one but it's little pain get one thu the state. Then i found out I can go thu the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office. So when I have the funds I plan get one. The carry weapon shall be a beretta 9000s 9mm /duty weapon is beretta 92 f/s 9mm.
                CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Ccw

I plan on getting one soon through a local gun range that has classes for 'em! As for the firearm well, I'd really like to have a Sig Sauer P226 40 S&W. We have them at Bass Pro and they're even selling used ones for $529. But if all else fails there's the good 'ol Beretta
                  "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

Originally posted by LPAjh9558 View Post
                    As for the firearm well, I'd really like to have a Sig Sauer P226 40 S&W.
                    I have one and love it.
                    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

I've heard that a Sig is one of the best to have!
                      "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

I am starting a new job and its in a retail location, they looked over my application and resume and seen i was weapons qualified and asked if I was CCDW certified.. thought it was a strange question. Id not carry my work weapon (they would make us provide our own within certain peramiters) if they decide to go ahead and start having armed officers at the site, just dont want the hassle of having to hand over my duty weapon and the scrutiny if ever i discharged off duty. But I think its going to be just for carrying a baton, since its a deadly weapon here.

Sig 226 is a nice firearm, qualified with it with my local police department. The first shot is a little rough, but everyone after that is easy on the trigger pull. For that reason alone, Id personally go with a glock 22 or something similar, easy trigger pull everytime, more accurate o nthe first shot and there after. But that doesnt keep me from wanting a sig, loved that gun.. even at $1000+...

Comment

We've got a pretty sweet deal going on where I work. They're selling the
                          226's used in either all black or two tone ($529). Not too sure of the price for the all black though. They're in excellent condition with only a new slide being the "new" feature!
                          "Life In Every Breath"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X