In Rememberance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Rememberance...

66 years later, let us Honor those who served and died as if it were only yesterday...
    “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
    "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Amen, served with honor, died in fear, rest in peace. For as long as blood flows through me, there sacrifice will not be forgotten! CPL, USMC
    "You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em."
    (Lieutenant General Lewis B. Puller, USMC, Marine, 1962.)

Comment

I was ironically only discussing this with my father this morning. He is a WWII RAAF ground engineer and he could not believe it had been 66 years.

Every trip I have visited Oahu I always take people to Pearl Harbour to experience the true sadness, loss and futility of war and to remember all of those who served and still serve to protect our freedom.

Below is the ode - for those who remember the fallen. Our services clubs make a public address at 1800 EVERY day when all guests stand and face the west whilst this is read out - paying homage to those who had died on this same day.

The Ode

They shall not grow old,
      as we that are left grow old.
      Age shall not weary them,
      nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun,
      and in the morning.
      We will remember them.
      Lest we forget.
      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

God bless all of those who died that day!

Be Safe,

Hank
        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X