Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aussie Officer
    replied
    Guards who don't read the handover logs and are then heard complaining (loudly so other depts can hear also) to other officers that leadership doesn't keep us informed of what is going on

Leave a comment:

• LPAjh9558
    replied
    1) TL's that show favoritism to themselves.
    2) Missing keys that have been checked out.
    3) Incomplete logs.

You name it...it fits

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Can I add some more please ?

- guards unable to use a radio or log an incident into an occurrence book.

- guards who spend an LP shift on the phone to their mates or spouses

- guards who decide that peeing out the back door of a gate house is fun in summer

- guards who arrive to a new site and the first thing they ask is "WHEN IS MY BREAK ?" which should be grounds for a bitch slap from the boss. A 12 hour shift and this has to be a cultural thing which is becoming all too common.

- guards who arrive at a post without a bloody pen and notebook which cost $8.00 US each. SPEND THE BLOODY MONEY !!!!!

- guards who are not issued with the correct uniforms for cold weather

- guards who have no english skills apart from enough to drive a taxi

- guards from 1 culture who speak in their own language amongst themselves

Leave a comment:

• EMTGuard
    replied
    Anyone have a co-worker that spends almost the entire shift talking on their cell phone.
    Or a guard who gets multiple calls and texts and each is preceded by some irritating rap or gosphel song they set as a ringtone. Then, because the signal sucks in the guard shack/office, they hop up from thier chair and walk outside and dissappear for an hour at a time. Did they go on patrol? No the portable radio is still in the charger and the patrol van is still parked over there. Where is she? Damn, I need to make a run to the bathroom and the phone is gonna ring as soon as I sit down on the toilet.

Guards who, not happy with watching DVDs on a portable player with a 7 inch screen, plug into a TV being used as a camera monitor. Now, instead of of displaying the front of a building we are supposed to be watching, the monitor is playing Die Hard.

Guards who come to work planning to sleep and do so nightly. "I got 2 kids and go to community college during the day so if I don't sleep at work then I never get any rest". At 2 am this morning we had a ship arrive at our dock to take on several tons of steel. The Facility Security Officer was out on the dock to do the paperwork to ensure we were covered for all MARSEC and other requirements. When I was unable to raise on the radio the guard assigned to the guard booth on the levee the FTO agreed to check on her. I'm calling "Security Desk to Levee, come in", repeat. Nothing. Nada. The FTO found her asleep in her car parked next to the guard booth and the radio on the seat next to her, Turned Off.

Department supervisors who screw around waiting until right at shift change before calling for a Security EMT to respond to the nurses clinic for a drug test. Anytime equiptment is damaged or someone is hurt the EMTs get the pleasure of doing a pee test to confirm that the employee isn't high. We do a quick triage test which tells us if they employee tests positive and has to go home or can coninue working if it's negative. Some employees know that they are probably going to test hot and, while an accident may have taken place hours before, the supervisor will wait until the end of a shift to "pee" them so that they can finish the shift and not leave that department shorthanded. I got called to Medical for a "pee test" just before my releif was due to arrive this morning. I then waited at the nurses desk for the employee and his supervisor to show up for 20 minutes. Turns out the department heads decided to do their shift change and let the day shift leadman handle the employee. Twenty minutes after my shift change my radio keys up Leadman-"Hey Security-EMT, did anyone notify you that we need you at the clinic to do a drug test?" Me-"Yes and I've been waiting for 20 minutes here at the nurses desk. Where have you been?" Leadman-"We were doing shift change. We are leaving the shipping office now headed your way now." Me-"Well, I've been off the clock for a while now so I'm gonna take a nap. Wake me when you get here." My Relief at the security desk- "I'm on my way back there to releive you." Me-"Whatever". I left the plant a half hour late this morning.

Leave a comment:

• bpdblue
    replied
    One ringy-dingy, two ringy-dingy...

Anyone have a co-worker that spends almost the entire shift talking on their cell phone.

They are ever so multi-talented, as they can be talking on their cell phone while; report writing, dealing with the public, driving around their post, walking around their post, using the bathroom (flushing the toilet included ) and any other thing that they have to do.

Some of their conversations can last for HOURS. They have to have super batteries for the lengths of the calls.

Leave a comment:

• flashlightcop509
    replied
    Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
    Groups of people who return to their hotel rooms at 4 in the morning who, when you stop them for disturbing other guests say "we just got here". My answer, "guess what : I just got the complaint".
    Yup...

Usually a group of 20 somethings just back from the bar, and the area of the hotel they are roomed in is also occupied by 50 something guests who call and complain...

Mind you, my way of thinking is these older folks have been asleep well before midnight, with a reasonable expectancy of peace during quiet hours, and these young'uns come in, stumbling down the halls to their rooms (carrying beer, like they need it after 6 hours in the bar)...

Normally the night auditor will call as soon as these numbnuts enter the hotel, and our Officers can shadow them to ensure they respect the time of night and act accordingly. These are also the same groups that are pushing the "3 Strikes" policy after only 15 minutes of returning to the hotel... At that point, they are too drunk to comprehend that when we address a second noise complaint about them, the person who put up the deposit on the room is out between $200 - $400 for noise violation...

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Groups of people who return to their hotel rooms at 4 in the morning who, when you stop them for disturbing other guests say "we just got here". My answer, "guess what : I just got the complaint".

Leave a comment:

• Hank1
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    Quite a few people in the security industry are afraid of computers, and will purposefully break out the pen and paper so that they don't have to use it.
    Nathan~
    I was one of those people. It intimidated the hell out of me. "Post it" notes were my friends LOL!

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• tattedupboy
    replied
    My major pet peeves are:

-When customers park incorrectly, and then when I ask them to park correctly, they tell me that they always park correctly, as if that's justification not to have to move.

-When, despite having the word "security" emblazoned on my badge, across my back, across my hat, and on both shoulders, people ask if I'm security or a police officer.

-When people ask if the gun I'm carrying is real.

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    When I relieved at one site we had all alarm monitoring calls come through for our client. We were supposed to advise the key-holder and send a patrol out there to meet them onsite unless they were uncontactable (90% of the time). I would be keying in the report to log the call as I had on speakerphone with the key-holder to get the details entered first time. About 5 minutes in total and the amount of times I would find people who would take 1 hour to do a report and be unable to put it into writing and these were people who had been on a site for years.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by flashlightcop509 View Post
    Tell me about it... When I was made Supervisor, I checked the computer based passdown log at my site, and the last entry made was from January 2006!! The site Officers had been using a spiral bound notebook from that time on til now...
    Quite a few people in the security industry are afraid of computers, and will purposefully break out the pen and paper so that they don't have to use it.

One guard refused to drive a company patrol vehicle because there was a laptop mounted in it. The guard actually called the supervisor and told him that he didn't want anything to do with a laptop in a car, and he refused to get in the vehicle because he didn't want to pay for a laptop if it broke.

Leave a comment:

• craig333
    replied
    Originally posted by flashlightcop509 View Post
    Tell me about it... When I was made Supervisor, I checked the computer based passdown log at my site, and the last entry made was from January 2006!! The site Officers had been using a spiral bound notebook from that time on til now...

You'll like this one. When I started the med building they told me "we dont do dar's at this site". Whatever. Then after I was mysteriously relieved of that site and (they never did pay me for it) I showed the supe who took my place the rounds, he told me "oh, they'll do dar's now".
    Only took took years before a supervisor finally figured it out.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    1- Guards.
    2- Employees.
    3- Public.

Get a feeling for what type of day I had?

Leave a comment:

• flashlightcop509
    replied
    #5 Pass down log not update i understand a shift or day but not two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• NRM_Oz
    replied
    Can I just add:

16. Farting in a confined area in the middle of winter (not as bad as a US winter.

17. The playing of GOD-TV DVD's on duty (have your religion but not 11 hours into a shift)

18. Lying about missing items signed for that had been gone for weeks.

19. People who whinge about money (not those who borrow $10.00 until pay day the next day) but complain about wages and not enough o/time

20. Butt kissers who save management on toilet paper costs

21. Know rule breakers who when reported have nothing done by a gutless management about their BS

22. People saying "get me a job there" and I don't know if this is cultural or religious but I tell them - (1) learn some manners (2) learn respect (3) get your own job as you are not working with me

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X