• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeves

What are your pet peeves at work?
    Mine are as fallowed .
    #1 Trash not empty after every shift.
    #2 Paper speared all over the office.
    #3 Patrol vehicle not charged IE (golf kart ) or gas in the vehicle.
    #4 Food left out.
    #5 Pass down log not update i understand a shift or day but not two weeks.
    #6 Notes tape or stable all over the office walls.
    #7 Relief shows up early or late more then 16 mins .
    #8 Equipment broken or lost and not reported.

Reason for this thread Monday i filled in at another post .The post Captain isn't doing his job very well. It is great post real security not R/O. We are armed we get to tow vehicles write ticket for parking violations. There is security office with cable TV DVD player. ac heater , running water bathroom, post cell phone. So with that said going talk to my boss the owner and see about getting resign fully or part time to that post.
    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

1. Uncharged batteries and radio's and cell phone.
    2. Cars being left with fast food and trash in them from the previous shift.
    3. Keys missing from the key ring.
    4. Cell phone locked on silent, password protected.
    5. Penny's being put in the hubcaps (as an occasional joke its fine, but weekly thing gets old)
    6. Cover Policy
    7. Messy office and dispatch
    8. Lazy dispatchers
    9. Lazy patrol and patrol supervisors
    10. Supplies missing from EMS bags and other equipment missing from the cars and no mention of it. Yes I should check after roll call but there's allot of stuff and no reason why it shouldnt be mentioned in the log or replaced.
    11. The general public being allowed access to the office past the lobby.

Comment

It went beyond a peeve last night. I get the phone and head over to the site. Phone dies just as I arrive. This just happens to be the first time I go and leave my personal cell phone at home. You'd think a supervisor would wonder why I'm out of contact for eight hours. Especially as they use the gps feature to keep track of us. Good thing I didnt actually have to "report" anything. God knows where I'd have to go to to find a pay phone nowadays.

Comment

1. Hot charging NICADS and 30 minutes into using a battery you hear - BEEP BEEP.

2. Idiots leaving radios off charge and crying when their issued radio is flat next shift.

3. Damage to equipment fixed to make it look in good order

4. Missing stationery as in the last pad used on a night shift

5. No blank forms ready for incidents or reports

6. Unruled pages in occurrence log books (night shift should have 10 ruled pages ready for day shift)

7. Weekly car maintenance program (checking oil +H2O) not done. 1 car had zero oil and a log check showed the same 2 people idiots signed off 4 weeks in a row of the work done on shift.

8. Patrols not completed and logs faked to cover their lies.

9. 1st aid supply theft - with items like face masks and boxes of gloves missing

10. Failure to restock the coffee / tea / water supplies before the w/end.

11. NOT PUTTING ANY BLOODY MILK IN THE FRIDGE !!!!!

12. Abuse of client property and assets (ie. using copiers for 100's of copies)

13. Thrashing site vehicles like rally cars in the wet / dangerous weather

14. Extensive personal telephone calls using priority lines at a site

15. Removal of vacancies from the notice board to ensure no-one else gets the spare shifts (overtime)
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

My list.....

1- Failure to answer the radio when called.
          2- Lazy Dispatchers.
          3- Lazy Officers/Supervisors to include LEOs.
          4- Lazy Management ( Client) Staff.
          5- Dirty vehicles.
          6- Misplacing of fuel cards.
          7- Misplacing of keys.
          It would really take me all week to finiish this list.

Be Safe,

Hank
          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Can I just add:

16. Farting in a confined area in the middle of winter (not as bad as a US winter.

17. The playing of GOD-TV DVD's on duty (have your religion but not 11 hours into a shift)

18. Lying about missing items signed for that had been gone for weeks.

19. People who whinge about money (not those who borrow $10.00 until pay day the next day) but complain about wages and not enough o/time

20. Butt kissers who save management on toilet paper costs

21. Know rule breakers who when reported have nothing done by a gutless management about their BS

22. People saying "get me a job there" and I don't know if this is cultural or religious but I tell them - (1) learn some manners (2) learn respect (3) get your own job as you are not working with me

Comment

#5 Pass down log not update i understand a shift or day but not two weeks.
              Tell me about it... When I was made Supervisor, I checked the computer based passdown log at my site, and the last entry made was from January 2006!! The site Officers had been using a spiral bound notebook from that time on til now...
              “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
              "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

1- Guards.
                2- Employees.
                3- Public.

Get a feeling for what type of day I had?

Comment

Originally posted by flashlightcop509 View Post
                  Tell me about it... When I was made Supervisor, I checked the computer based passdown log at my site, and the last entry made was from January 2006!! The site Officers had been using a spiral bound notebook from that time on til now...

You'll like this one. When I started the med building they told me "we dont do dar's at this site". Whatever. Then after I was mysteriously relieved of that site and (they never did pay me for it) I showed the supe who took my place the rounds, he told me "oh, they'll do dar's now".
                  Only took took years before a supervisor finally figured it out.

Comment

Originally posted by flashlightcop509 View Post
                    Quite a few people in the security industry are afraid of computers, and will purposefully break out the pen and paper so that they don't have to use it.

One guard refused to drive a company patrol vehicle because there was a laptop mounted in it. The guard actually called the supervisor and told him that he didn't want anything to do with a laptop in a car, and he refused to get in the vehicle because he didn't want to pay for a laptop if it broke.
                    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

When I relieved at one site we had all alarm monitoring calls come through for our client. We were supposed to advise the key-holder and send a patrol out there to meet them onsite unless they were uncontactable (90% of the time). I would be keying in the report to log the call as I had on speakerphone with the key-holder to get the details entered first time. About 5 minutes in total and the amount of times I would find people who would take 1 hour to do a report and be unable to put it into writing and these were people who had been on a site for years.

Comment

My major pet peeves are:

-When customers park incorrectly, and then when I ask them to park correctly, they tell me that they always park correctly, as if that's justification not to have to move.

-When, despite having the word "security" emblazoned on my badge, across my back, across my hat, and on both shoulders, people ask if I'm security or a police officer.

-When people ask if the gun I'm carrying is real.

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                          Quite a few people in the security industry are afraid of computers, and will purposefully break out the pen and paper so that they don't have to use it.
                          Nathan~
                          I was one of those people. It intimidated the hell out of me. "Post it" notes were my friends LOL!

Be Safe,

Hank
                          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Groups of people who return to their hotel rooms at 4 in the morning who, when you stop them for disturbing other guests say "we just got here". My answer, "guess what : I just got the complaint".
                            I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                            Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                              Groups of people who return to their hotel rooms at 4 in the morning who, when you stop them for disturbing other guests say "we just got here". My answer, "guess what : I just got the complaint".
                              Yup...

Usually a group of 20 somethings just back from the bar, and the area of the hotel they are roomed in is also occupied by 50 something guests who call and complain...

Mind you, my way of thinking is these older folks have been asleep well before midnight, with a reasonable expectancy of peace during quiet hours, and these young'uns come in, stumbling down the halls to their rooms (carrying beer, like they need it after 6 hours in the bar)...

Normally the night auditor will call as soon as these numbnuts enter the hotel, and our Officers can shadow them to ensure they respect the time of night and act accordingly. These are also the same groups that are pushing the "3 Strikes" policy after only 15 minutes of returning to the hotel... At that point, they are too drunk to comprehend that when we address a second noise complaint about them, the person who put up the deposit on the room is out between $200 - $400 for noise violation...
                              “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
                              "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X