Any marathon fans? I have a nice perk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any marathon fans? I have a nice perk

I was looking at the newspaper this morning. Oh, the CIM (california internation marathon) is coming to town Sunday. Its a really big deal in the marathon world. Snarls traffic all over town and gets lots of press. So I glance at the map. Hmmm, it goes down L street downtown. Light goes off in my head "hey, the building I'm guarding Sunday fronts L street". There a little ramp going up to the construction elevator that will be a perfect viewing stand. Couldn't get a better spot to watch the race. Its only about ten blocks from the finish so there might even be some drama about that time.

Free perk some people would kill for and I don't give a rats ass about marathoning /sigh

Any marathon fans?

Once, I watched 4 episodes of Rockford Files in a row, does that count?
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Comment

During the 2000 games I was in the middle of a group recruitment interview for Security Crew to work at the Olympic Sites for another company and we stopped mid way - grabbed a coffee and went outside to see the Olympic Torch Relay all over in about 30 seconds.
      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

A buddy of mine was a marathon racer and a member of the New York Road Runners Club. After a long, hard day installing burglar alarms, it was not uncommon to hear him say "well, gotta go run 2.5 miles".

What kind of person runs with no one chasing them.
        The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
          Any marathon fans?

Once, I watched 4 episodes of Rockford Files in a row, does that count?
          Nope! But does a " All day" marathon of Abbott and Costello count?
          " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Funny story 'bout a marathon runner, one of our guy's is one. He was in a foot chase with a bunch of kids that took off. Catches one and say's "how old are you" kid say's "15" partner says "you're not in very good shape for 15", leaving the "I'm a marathon runner" part out...
            I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X