Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank1
    replied
    I wonder how long it will take Russia to decide to sell that to Iran.

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    replied
    I saw the program on the History Channel about the 'dam buster' bomb development and use. I also saw the movie about it.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
    Curtis, back in WWII there was a English explosives inventor by the name of Farnsworth, don't hold me to that spelling, who developed the tall boy bomb weighing 12-tons and carried by a modified Lancaster Bomber that could simulate an earthquake upon detonation. A gagle of Lancasters went after a Nazi battleship Turpiz, I think, in a Norwegian f jord.
    He was the same man who devised the dam buster bombs.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• JB diligence
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooney View Post
    It's kind of a moot point considering the number of nuclear ordnance out there. Unfortunately mutually assured destruction seems to be a way of deterent for more and more countries (U.S., France, Isreal, Pakistan, India, Russia, etc.). Another bad situation is we all know if Iran gets the Nuke they WILL use it.
    May be, but how do we prevent that from happening with all that (has been for centuries) and still is going on in that region?

Barry McGuire's song 'Eve of destruction' still holds true 4 decades later...

Leave a comment:

• Rooney
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    Don't forget, the Soviets have a doomsday device that will decimate the entire surface of the planet.
    It's kind of a moot point considering the number of nuclear ordnance out there. Unfortunately mutually assured destruction seems to be a way of deterent for more and more countries (U.S., France, Isreal, Pakistan, India, Russia, etc.). Another bad situation is we all know if Iran gets the Nuke they WILL use it.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Security View Post
    Another example of the only thing that mankind has perfected: KILLING
    We're not perfect at it. If we were, then doctors would be out of business in wars.

Nuclear ordinance isn't really designed to kill the individual. Its designed to decimate populations, so that the simple existence of it serves as a reminder of the fate of all who oppose the Soviet Union.

Don't forget, the Soviets have a doomsday device that will decimate the entire surface of the planet.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Security
    replied
    Russia's Father of all Bombs

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
    From Popular Science...
    Another example of the only thing that mankind has perfected: KILLING

Leave a comment:

• bpdblue
    replied
    Russia is a worry-some power once again

The Russians have always liked big bombs, planes and such for their military.

I hoped they would get away from that type of thing once the soviet union fell, but lately it seems that they want to re-arm big time, and though they say it is not for a war with the UNITED STATES, I can only hope they are telling the truth.

This is why whether it is Russia, China, North Korea, or some later to be named power, the USA must never let its' guard down, must always have superior weapons and service personnel, and must always have overwhelming NUCLEAR weapons forces at hand.

It is because of the above mentioned reasons, and our great allies, that the world has had relative peace (read that to mean no world wars) since world war 2.

Leave a comment:

• JB diligence
    replied
    Talk about being one-upt, thats one mean-ass bomb.

Leave a comment:

• CAPTAIN KOOLAID
    replied
    and the mother of all bombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4EkQxD0WU

Leave a comment:

• Curtis Baillie
    started a topic Russia's Father of all bombs

Russia's Father of all bombs

From Popular Science:
    http://www.popsci.com/popsci/technol...cbccdrcrd.html

Leaderboard