the weirdest question ever been asked while on duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the weirdest question ever been asked while on duty

Mine was working bar detail about 10 minutes before closing a guy asked if he could buy a magazine of bullets off me at 2 bucks a bullet? I was dude Ineed all mine plus I pay more then 2 bucks a bullet.
    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

You pay more than 2 bucks a bullet??
    SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
      You pay more than 2 bucks a bullet??
      No kidding.

Even the good stuff isn't that much.
      Anything that hits the fan,
      Will not be evenly distributed.

Comment

More than once I have been asked if that is a real gun I'm wearing. I soooo want to answer with something like. No I'm a Frigging idiot that puts his butt on the line with an air soft replica. Then there are the ones that ask are you wearing a vest. And again my superior intellect becomes bruised and I think to myself "If I wasn't do you think I would tell you". DOH!! And the one I hear the most is "You must get awfully bored standing here all day. And I do reply that is true and that is why I am so well compensated.

I understand that in some folks world we are a novelty and at the same time we for some are the first time they had to think about the real danger in their safe little world. And it is that premise that the above nervous questions come from. Although the one that gets to me is the suits that come through my area an mention what a beautiful day it is outside. That is something I don't want to hear short of 1/2 hour till shift ends
        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
        THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
        http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Contact View Post
          No kidding.

Even the good stuff isn't that much.
          pay 23 and some change for box count of 20 that 2 buck and some change pre bullet

Now when am lucky and can mail order the same stuff i get 50 count for 24 bucks box but my loca gun shop like pushing Federal ammo i like Winchester.
          So do have it it marked up some.
          CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

ummm...... Anyone wanna tackle this?
            sigpic
            Rocket Science
            Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
            One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

I work as a National Risk Manager (aka National Loss Prevention Manager) of a ladies fashion boutique with some 400 stores in Australia, NZ, some parts of Asia and slowly growing. On my letterhead, business cards, etc it says I am the NRM and previously was informed it was NLPM for the company operations. On far too many occassions I have had members of the public ask me "do you manage risks" or "do you work as a security guard ?" only for me to explain what I do as easily as I can without becoming angry.

Another time I had an SL in custody and we waiting for the cops as the LPO was completing his report. The male SL asked me "what would you do if I ran out that door there ?" to which I replied "I think you might bleed to death before the ambulance got here when I tackled you". My LPO's body was shaking with laughter as he tried to focus on his incident report and not make a sound.
              "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by CAPTAIN KOOLAID View Post
                pay 23 and some change for box count of 20 that 2 buck and some change pre bullet

Now when am lucky and can mail order the same stuff i get 50 count for 24 bucks box but my loca gun shop like pushing Federal ammo i like Winchester.
                So do have it it marked up some.
                Ummmmm $23.00 divided by 20 bullets is a $1.15 per bullet.................

Comment

Do you have a clean pair of pants I can borrow

Comment

Originally posted by wackenhut hickey View Post
                    No.

...And once again the message I entered was too short, so I was forced to type more drivel in white text in an attempt to make others perceive I have L33t ski1z and got away with a two-letter answer, and made a massive run-on sentence to boot.

Comment

When I did installations, every time we did a job in an office setting, I would get two questions without fail:

1) Are there any hidden cameras in the bathrooms?

2) Are there hidden microphones?

When I was new, I would always answer very conscientiously "No, of course not. That would be illegal". After a while I got bored of that, and would start getting creative. Like, "NO (big nod) THAT WOULD BE AGAINST THE LAW (suggestive wink, point frantically at random object like a light fixture or a crack in the wall)". Or, "We did put one in but your boss is too cheap to pay for it so we never connected it". Or, "no, but I can hook one up for you for fifty bucks". Or "there is no such thing as hidden cameras, that's just something you see in the movies." Or I'd hold up a scrap of wire wrapped around a sheetrock screw and say "yup, that's it right here". Or (on bad days) "Actually, there are about 32 hidden cameras scattered throughout the building. Next month we start bugging the phones".

On occasion we would also get some smelly hippy type lecturing us about invasions of privacy (I work in New York City). Those were fun.
                      The CCTV Blog.

"Expert" is something like "leader". It's not a title that you can ever claim for yourself no matter what you might know or might have done. It's a title that others bestow on you based on their assessment of what you know and what you have done.

-SecTrainer

Comment

It's not really a question, but tons of people always make mention of how nice my Glock is.

...You know, since every single semi-auto handgun in the world is a Glock.
                        Anything that hits the fan,
                        Will not be evenly distributed.

Comment

Young lady (stretching it description) to me, "If I'm extra nice to you will you forget I ran that light, I give really good he*d?"
                          Me, "No ma'am and now you are under arrest for solicitation of a law enforcement officer."
                          Her, "It will be your word against mine!"
                          Me, "No ma'am, my partner (car captain) is standing right in back of me and heard every word."
                          Turn your head, he's nodding!
                          Cuffed and car towed, nothing like two for one in a single stop, and then I fumigate the cruiser, no joke, that bad. Low man on the totem pole.
                          Enjoy the day,
                          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by wackenhut hickey View Post
                            Maybe. What size and color?
                            sigpic
                            Rocket Science
                            Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
                            One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

15 year old kid at one of my Section 8 properties:
                              "Are those real handcuffs? cause my friend has a pair of fake ones that are hard to get out of."
                              "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X