Good for a laugh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for a laugh

Caption: The police chase a guy through a cornfield. Either that, or there's a real creative alien out there
    Attached Files
    That's a direct quote. Not word for word, but the gist of it.

If I was the farmer that owned that field, I'd sue! Either the police or the Martians!
    It takes an officer to screw up to make a really good officer.

Comment

Wow! Very nice work there!

Be Safe,

Hank
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by LP9999 View Post
        If I was the farmer that owned that field, I'd sue! Either the police or the Martians!
        In all seriousness, should the police have stopped the chase out of fear that the owner might sue them? Sure his field would not have been damaged, but the criminal would have gotten away, possibly to commit more crime. Sure, his property is damaged, but you have to look at the benefit to society of catching the criminal versus not catching him.

Comment

You sure it's a corn field? Maybe it was another crop & the driver had smoked a little of it?
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

A few years ago a young lad and his friends decided to do a similar thing on the lawn in front of the High School. The next morning the car was still there stuck in mud up to the frame. Sounds like a lack of planning.
            THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
            THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
            http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Looks like a great go-cart motocross type of race track to me.

Comment

Ok so I'd sue the Martians!!

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
                In all seriousness, should the police have stopped the chase out of fear that the owner might sue them? Sure his field would not have been damaged, but the criminal would have gotten away, possibly to commit more crime. Sure, his property is damaged, but you have to look at the benefit to society of catching the criminal versus not catching him.
                My post was intended as a joke. No I don't really think the chase should've been stopped for fear of being sued.
                It takes an officer to screw up to make a really good officer.

Comment

Back during the Cold War the US Army conducted exercises every 2 years called REFORGER, Return of Forces to Germany. I was a young private assigned to the Third Infantry Division driving a M1A1 Abrams tank at a post near Wurtzberg. During REFORGER 88 we took our units out into the countryside and operated as if we were fighting soviet invaders. Let me tell you, we TORE UP some farmers fields during the weeks we were out there. We'd spot an enemy tank, or whatever, and barrel right through cornfields leaving a path of distruction similar to a tornado. We had Public Information Officrs assigned to each Company who spent much of the time speaking with farmers who needed our unit designation to file claims for the damages we had done. It was widly known that the US military would pay well for anything we distroyed so every time we pulled off a road into a field you could almost see dollar signs flashing in the eyes of the owners of the corn we were mowing down. We actually had to cut back on our similated attacks because we were told that we were using up our budget on paying farmers too much. So we spent alot of time 'hiding' in the forests. Aaahhhh... to be young and in the Army again.
                  Me relaxing on the front slope of my Abrams tank-
                  Last edited by EMTGuard; 11-18-2007, 01:23 AM.
                  Hospital Security Officer

Comment

I have been to the base at Wurtzburg. Spent some time in town and at the castle. The base has now been turned over to the Germans. How about that walk up to the castle? Heart attack city!
                    Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                    Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Australia has and is purchasing more M1A1's for our army - we can't get them from CostCo so we get them 2nd hand - comes with a free cupholder too. Great pic EMT.
                      "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
                        I have been to the base at Wurtzburg. Spent some time in town and at the castle. The base has now been turned over to the Germans. How about that walk up to the castle? Heart attack city!
                        I was right down the road at Harvey Barricks in Kitizgen-

I've been up to that castle and have the photos to prove it-
                        Here is what I saw once I got up that long road,
                        and this is looking out over Wurtzburg from the castle walls,

See more at http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/ff109/sraacke/
                        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Yup, the view from the castle is great. Going down is easy. I bought two bottles of wine there - wine's gone but I still have the bottles. I also have some pics, I'll try and find them. Speaking of wine - I love the Ice Wine I bought at the PX ( I forget what you 'dogfaces' call it). Us 'jarheads' call it the PX.
                          Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
                          Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
                            Yup, the view from the castle is great. Going down is easy. I bought two bottles of wine there - wine's gone but I still have the bottles. I also have some pics, I'll try and find them. Speaking of wine - I love the Ice Wine I bought at the PX ( I forget what you 'dogfaces' call it). Us 'jarheads' call it the PX.
                            Curtis the Army and Marine Corps both call it Post Exchange. Air Force calls it a Base Exchange. I have forgotten what the Navy calls their facility.
                            Enjoy the day,
                            Bill

Comment

OH yeah

Well, I was in the BOY SCOUTS (until I got kicked out ) and we had a place to go to get supplies too, it was called SAFEWAY. Top that.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X