Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank1
    replied
    I have never heard of that either. Interesting! I would say it is most like not a Security Officer due to the warrant scenario.

Be Safe,

Hank

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    After rereading this I wondered if they were also referring to constables as they are used mostly in this area to serve warrants as Security would not be involved with warrants.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    That's one new to me. I wouldn't think police would "dignify" mere security guards with the "cop" designation.

But, hey, who knows. Its very odd to put out over the air, regardless.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    started a topic Cheap Cops

Cheap Cops

Today while on the job I heard the locals make this call. Control: All units we just received a call from an agency in foot pursuit of a (description). They claim that they have warrants in hand for this guy last seen running behind the hospital toward the RR Tracks. Car 664: What agency is in pursuit?. Control: Don't know they were on a cell and the call dropped before I could ask but think they are the CHEAP COPS.

I have never heard of this expression and assume it refers to bounty guys. Two things that come to mind. This is a good size police force and are very careful what they put over the air. So I assume that this is a common name for whomever and not off the cuff derogatory slang. But the little devil on my other shoulder is saying our company took over a large account from this dept for less money. Winter is here and the road construction details are drying up. No way they would hold a grudge and use CHEAP COPS as in Security Officer?? Anyone ever heard this reference before?
    Last edited by Chucky; 10-31-2007, 04:33 PM.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X