Cheap Cops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Cops

Today while on the job I heard the locals make this call. Control: All units we just received a call from an agency in foot pursuit of a (description). They claim that they have warrants in hand for this guy last seen running behind the hospital toward the RR Tracks. Car 664: What agency is in pursuit?. Control: Don't know they were on a cell and the call dropped before I could ask but think they are the CHEAP COPS.

I have never heard of this expression and assume it refers to bounty guys. Two things that come to mind. This is a good size police force and are very careful what they put over the air. So I assume that this is a common name for whomever and not off the cuff derogatory slang. But the little devil on my other shoulder is saying our company took over a large account from this dept for less money. Winter is here and the road construction details are drying up. No way they would hold a grudge and use CHEAP COPS as in Security Officer?? Anyone ever heard this reference before?
    Last edited by Chucky; 10-31-2007, 04:33 PM.
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

That's one new to me. I wouldn't think police would "dignify" mere security guards with the "cop" designation.

But, hey, who knows. Its very odd to put out over the air, regardless.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

After rereading this I wondered if they were also referring to constables as they are used mostly in this area to serve warrants as Security would not be involved with warrants.
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
      http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

I have never heard of that either. Interesting! I would say it is most like not a Security Officer due to the warrant scenario.

Be Safe,

Hank
        " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X