The little things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The little things

It's the little things that make your day great sometimes. For me, I finally got my printer hooked up and they're pouring my sidewalk (yeah, I know I don't own it technically. But it's my building, my printer, my sidewalk ) WooHoo!!!

Sorry, got a little emoticon-happy. I've been waiting for the printer for nearly a year. And the sidewalk is apparently the only reason they haven't opened the north lot (which was supposed to open in JULY). What parking we have is becoming the bane of my existence. Hopefully, they won't decide to tear the sidewalk up two days after it's poured this time
    That's a direct quote. Not word for word, but the gist of it.

Glad to hear things are finally getting done. Officerchick, little things in the business can get you hurt or worse.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

I'm glad things are looking up! Mr. Warnock is right. Have a good day chick!

Be safe,

Hank
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

It's good to feel good.

officerchick, hey, anything, even small things that make you feel better is cool with me. I say next time you are emoticon- happy use the maximum 4 smilies you can use in a posting, and show the world how you truly feel.

Comment

Originally posted by officerchick View Post
          It's the little things that make your day great sometimes. For me, I finally got my printer hooked up and they're pouring my sidewalk (yeah, I know I don't own it technically. But it's my building, my printer, my sidewalk ) WooHoo!!!

Sorry, got a little emoticon-happy. I've been waiting for the printer for nearly a year. And the sidewalk is apparently the only reason they haven't opened the north lot (which was supposed to open in JULY). What parking we have is becoming the bane of my existence. Hopefully, they won't decide to tear the sidewalk up two days after it's poured this time

I noticed that you posted this thread in off topic threads, but I was just curious if this printer is going to be used at all for your job. Even if it's not, it's still great.

Comment

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
            I noticed that you posted this thread in off topic threads, but I was just curious if this printer is going to be used at all for your job. Even if it's not, it's still great.
            Absolutely it will be. I just wasn't sure if it counted as "equipment" since it's not strictly speaking a security tool. But yes, it will be used to print daily reports, access reports, pass-ons, etc... I'm also planning on printing off some articles and other security information to file in our post orders and have officers read. Okay, maybe that makes it a security tool.

Comment

Keeps gettin' better

Now, not only do I have a printer, and printer ink (that came yesterday), but the two are actually functioning in tandem with the computer. In other words, I can print. Yeah

Comment

I've been without a printer for a month now . Took 2 weeks to get anew one. Another week to get the cable to connect it to the computer. Then when the IT guy goes to connect it he finds out our computer does not have enough RAM. So here we are in week 4 with me having to send my paperwork to my Yahoo account & go to 1 of 2 guest business centers, hope they are free & print the reports there.
                I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

I can relate, HS. Since I started last December until, well, yesterday, anytime I've needed to print anything I've had to track down the engineer and request access to his computer. For awhile it wasn't too bad, until he started locking his computer and putting me off . "Give me five minutes"...an hour later "Give me five mintues"...ten minutes before my shift ends (and five hours from last request) "Can it wait until tomorrow?" Dude, if it could have waited I wouldn't have started asking you first thing in the morning. Truth be told, I haven't printed off all of the reports in a couple of months because of the pain in the rump. They're saved twice, once on hard drive and once on my USB drive, and emailed to management. Now I get to use up a ton of paper to print old reports and finally catch up on my filing.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X