Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    I would park the domain until a company has been established. As it stands now, all you are doing is submitting "coming soon" to the search engines, which will equate "Protection Force Security" with "coming soon" and "under construction."

Blank pages saying "under construction" will also send the same message to search engines, as well.

If you cannot park the domain, I would simply put a blank page. A blank page is not indexed at all, and will prevent things from being associated with your site.

As for the HTML itself, I'm not sure if this was written by a human being, or by a template program. This will not render properly on most browsers, however, because the tags are all out of place.

There are <center> tags outside of the <body> tag. The <body> tag contains the actual page. I would be interested in knowing what wrote this code, a human or a web page designer program.

If you are learning to write HTML yourself, congratulations on using CSS for defining your menu. However, I would learn XHTML 1.1 and CSS 1, and attempt to get your code to validate using the W3C validator utility. (http://validator.w3c.org/)

Web Design is an interesting hobby, or in some cases, a profession. There are many schools of thought on it, but one of the most important things to remember is that it is totally up to the web browser viewing the page to determine what it'll really look like.

For example, I know many people who set their copy of Internet Explorer to display all text larger than "normal," so that they can read websites easier. This completely destroys static layouts that can't compensate for this.

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    Here's a few fun gifs to spruce up your construction site.

http://www.mikesfreegifs.com/main4/page_9.html

Leave a comment:

• Craig S
    replied
    I love what you've done with the gray!

J/K...Let us know when it's done.

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    started a topic Small webpag update

Small webpag update

Ive made a small update, to my page, [menu bar] links arnt active atm, but please tell me what you think! it is css/html coding

www.protectionforce.net
    Last edited by UtahProtectionForce; 10-22-2007, 04:44 PM.

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X