Green Burials Who New?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Burials Who New?

Yesterday just before work I saw a piece on TV about green funerals that really stuck with me as it was a subject that I new nothing about but found fascinating. I left for work thinking these folks are just more tree huggers with a new cause. They stated that in most states you can and should be buried in just a sheet as you died. The reasoning behind this is that each person is infused with 2 gallons + of highly toxic embalming fluid. That will eventually ooze into the earth. The only people that gain from this are the undertakers(average $3000 bucks a pop). It is against the law in most states to NOT inform the family that embalming is strictly optional. After all what is the purpose of preserving a dead person for longer than the burial period? So after I got home I thought it would be fun to see what all this is about and some of the facts blew me away and am thinking this is a pretty good Idea that makes sense.

The next link will tell you what Embalming fluid is all about.

http://www.streetdrugs.org/embalm.htm

I copied the next paragraph to show how much is used in each corps.

“Arterial embalming is begun by injecting embalming fluid into an artery while the blood is drained from a nearby vein or from the heart. The two gallons or so needed is usually a mixture of formaldehyde or other chemical and water. In the case of certain cancers, some diabetic conditions, or because of the drugs used prior to death (where body deterioration has already begun), a stronger or "waterless" solution is likely to be used for better body preservation. Chemicals are also injected by syringe into other areas of the body.”

And this is the count for just the war deaths from the Revolutionary War to the present war. Keep in mind what the number of non war deaths have been during the same time period. Personally I can’t even take a guess but whatever it is times it by 2+ gallons of the fluid buried in the ground close to the aquifer around the world.

WAR TITLE WAR YEARS CASUALTIES Revolutionary War (1775-1783) 4,435 War of 1812 (1812-1815) 2,260 Mexican War (1846-1848) 13,283 Civil War (1861-1865) 623,026 Spanish-American War (1898) 2,446 World War I (1917-1918) 116,708 World War II (1941-1945) 407,316 Korean War (1950-1953) 36,914 Vietnam War (1964-1973) 58,169 Invasion of Grenada (1983) 19 Persian Gulf War (1991) 269 Afghanistan (2002-2007) 350+ Operation: Iraqi Freedom (2003-2007) 3,500+ TOTALS 52 years+ 1,268,695+
    Who would have guessed?
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

My wife and I are both going to be cremated. She doesn't want to be eaten by bugs. I just want to sit on somebodies mantle. I'd also like to give out small vials you can wear around your neck or carry with you, with a little bit of me inside, but she won't let me. Unless she goes first, that is?
    sigpic
    Rocket Science
    Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
    One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

When I was married, we talked about burial plots next one another. Now I'm divorced and I just plan on living forever...LOL!

Be Safe,

Hank
      " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

When I ran my own company I passed out WILL KITS to all my team and arranged for a lawyer to come to the sites to help people get organised. It cost them $100.00 but for those who are now divorced it helped them get their affairs in order for kids, etc.
        "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
        Working...
        X