Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy (Canadian) Thanksgiving

A happy Thankgiving to the Canadians on the forum.Like a lot of security types I'm working today but the double pay is nice
    I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
    Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Happy Thanksgiving Day to our Canadian friends.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

Thanks guys and Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hotel, I too work most holidays, but somehow I managed to be off for this one, I like being paid to sleep in, eat, and all the other fixings.

Take care all and be thankful for all that we have!
      I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Where's the turkey?
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant View Post
          Where's the turkey?
          My stove broke. The repairman is only coming tomorrow . I had some at lunch at Nickles (Celine Dion's restaurant!) It was very good but NO LEFTOVERS!
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

If you know anyone in Canada that can't afford a Turkey I happen to have many that I will give to them free of charge. The picture is of an average size Canadian Turkey and does not represent the size of the the one you will receive.
            Returns not excepted.
            Attached Files
            THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
            THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
            http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

That looks like what we call a goose here in the states.
              sigpic
              Rocket Science
              Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
              One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

so what does a traditional canadian thanksgiving consist of?
                sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

How similar is the Canadian Thanksgiving to the American holiday? Oh and Happy Holiday to our northern friends.

Be safe,

Hank
                  " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by Hank1 View Post
                    How similar is the Canadian Thanksgiving to the American holiday? Oh and Happy Holiday to our northern friends.
                    Be safe,
                    Hank
                    I do not think our's is as big a celebration as the US one. Sure, we have the family get togethers, huge amounts of food, adult beveridges, Canadian football during the day, and of course the 3 day weekend.
                    The US Thanksgiving is always on a thursday, our's a Monday. Isn't yours also a couple of the biggest shopping days of the year? ( Being closer to Christmas helps that)

Chucky, get ready for the invasion, I have seen (empty of corn) fields near the New York border massing the troops....
                    A little known fact, each Canadian goose is stamped - do not return to sender -
                    Last edited by Eric; 10-09-2007, 06:52 AM.
                    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
                    Groucho Marx

Comment

sounds good enough to me. gimme, beer, football, and a turkey plate and I'm a happy guy
                      sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        Chucky, get ready for the invasion, I have seen (empty of corn) fields near the New York border massing the troops....
                        Ya know, my brother doesn't trust the canadians. He says 95% of the live near the US border.... just waiting....
                        sigpic
                        Rocket Science
                        Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
                        One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Isn't Canada the 51st state of the USA or was is it that the USA is 50 more provinces of the USA ?

Ok now time to get out that kevlar gear as the shots from North America come in.
                          "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

Neil is going to borrow a nuke and blow your state up
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                              Isn't yours also a couple of the biggest shopping days of the year? ( Being closer to Christmas helps that)
                              Generally speaking, yes. I believe the day after Thanksgiving is huge for shopping. However, I always wait til the last minute to shop. But mostly that's bcause I just love the shoving, pushing, name calling and all around Holiday cheer. LOL!

Be safe,

Hank
                              " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X