Amtrack ---

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amtrack ---

So my Husband and I are taking the Amtrack Train for Vaction my question is, is the food any good ? we will be taking a sleepr (roomette) out for our chicago portion of the trip.. is this comfy ?
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

I took Amtrak from LA to Chicago a couple years ago. I would not do it again. Uncomfortable and really really bad service. It used to be that the Porters would treat you with respect and give great service. Now its worse than the cattle call airlines in my opinion.

Comment

I looked at Amtrack once. Depending on the cabin you get is how comfortable you will be. They're small, no doubt, but you have enough room in some to stay in there till you're bored - away from annoying people and employees.
      Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

My parents have taken it a couple times. Try and get a handicap cabin if they're not taken, and they're frequently not. You get your own bathroom that way.
        sigpic
        Rocket Science
        Making everything else look simple, since 1958.

http://my.opera.com/integrator/blog/
        One Man's Opinion

The Future. It isn't what it used to be.

Comment

well we have returned from our, trip it was okay we had a roomette on the way out sleeper car was alright.. on return trip we did coach... well those chairs look comfy, but they where hard as a rock.. food was way overpriced.
          but since my hubby wont fly, i guess its better then grey hound...
          Its not how we die that counts.....
          Its not how we lived that counts....
          all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

How was the trip? Sorry I couldn't catch up with you guys as I was ending my 2 weeks in a row with out a day off... well tonight is the last night.
            "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
            some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X