Live Free or Die New Hampshire Leads the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Free or Die New Hampshire Leads the way

Having been born here and lived in this state off and on over the years these two videos tell why I love this state. People are not afraid to exercise their rights. This is not for or against either the police or the activist, but simply to show you all how both sides handled themselves. Since I can remember I was always allowed to open carry in N.N. because the thinking there is that it's safer to let people know who is packing as a crime prevention measure and who is not. The state I now live in only allows us to open carry when in full uniform.
    These both videos start a little slow but quickly get to the meat of the subject.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu4Dr...elated&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXnK5UyRI
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

well...

I am all for open carry and am very surprised that Texas, of all places, does not have an open carry policy. However, I think this guy is just out to be a pain. True, you do not have to give up anything more than your name to the officer, but if you do give them your ID (as the officer asked), you won't attract a crowd. If you do like this guy and draw a crowd, you are just being a nuisance. I always have to wonder about people who won't give their ID if it isn't mandatory. Are you really doing it because you are allowed to, or because you have something to hide? Same goes for people who think phone taps and streetlight cameras invade privacy. I don't care, got nothing to hide.

Comment

Personally, I don't belive in open carry because it lets the bad guys know you have a gun. I believe that no one should know you're carrying until it's time to take action.

The guy in the second video is nothing more than a sh*t disturber. His friend was a major jerk. If you're carrying a firearm, you should have to show your ID to law enforcement so your identity can be established. The guy could easily have been a convicted felon using someone else's name.

Comment

I could be wrong but I think that is the same guy in both videos. Also the first time I viewed them I missed that open carry without any sort of paper work is legal in most states. So does that mean a security guard can open carry anywhere besides only to and from work?? And that an LTC/CCW only is good for CCW?
        I sort of agree that open carry in this age is a little to much for the average tree hugger in daily life. But when camping or walking in the woods and one of those endangered species comes a charging at you then a 357 strapped to your leg may be a good thing. Or is that considered hunting out of season without a license?

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky;39773 But when camping or walking in the woods and one of those endangered species comes a charging at you then a 357 strapped to your leg may be a good thing. Or is that considered hunting out of season without a license?

[img
          http://bestsmileys.com/shooting1/9.gif[/img]
          When you are defending yourself or another life from attack I'm thinking its legal.
          "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
          some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by JSam21 View Post
            When you are defending yourself or another life from attack I'm thinking its legal.
            I have to agree with JSam on this one.

Be safe,

Hank
            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

"it's Comin' Right For Us!"

Ratatatatatatatatatatat
              sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Originally posted by dougo83 View Post
                I am all for open carry and am very surprised that Texas, of all places, does not have an open carry policy. However, I think this guy is just out to be a pain. True, you do not have to give up anything more than your name to the officer, but if you do give them your ID (as the officer asked), you won't attract a crowd. If you do like this guy and draw a crowd, you are just being a nuisance. I always have to wonder about people who won't give their ID if it isn't mandatory. Are you really doing it because you are allowed to, or because you have something to hide? Same goes for people who think phone taps and streetlight cameras invade privacy. I don't care, got nothing to hide.
                Actually, Texas does allow the open carry of shotguns and rifles (without any kind of permit, I might add), just not of handguns.

Comment

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
                  Actually, Texas does allow the open carry of shotguns and rifles (without any kind of permit, I might add), just not of handguns.
                  That reminds me when I was with the 1st ID at Ft.Riley Kansas the law for shot guns and rifles could be displayed in a rack of a pick up until you entered city limits( Junction City ) then you had to remove them from sight. I don't remember if that was a state law or just for JC. Pay day at FT Riley was one hell of a time for the small city cops without guns being around for us drunk yahoos to get hold of.

Comment

Originally posted by tattedupboy View Post
                    this is true, but you WILL get messed with if you don't declare them immediately while pulled over.
                    sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X