Caution Virtumonde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caution Virtumonde

I had recently upgraded from 512 Mb to 4 Gigs in the hopes that my comp would run faster. Well big mistake, most comps will only use 3 gigs max and run better on 2 Gigs. As a result my comp went nuts and disabled some programs and opened some ports that were formally closed. Now for the most part after removing 2 Gigs things are back under control. Well not really. There is a program called Virtumonde that changes it's name and attaches it self to critical system 32 files. To remove it I have to remove the file and Game Over. The thing is that it is not malware or a virus as defined by the geek sites. But it is considered a small undetectable program. What it does is like malware spawns other little programs that popup that software can't stop because it is internal.
    I am heading off to buy a 500 gig external hard drive and little by little move everything to it scanning each file first. Then do a clean reinstall of the OS.
    Fingers crossed. Oh yea it comes in with downloaded programs so be careful and scan any thing you D/L from Bit Torrents or E-mail before you open it.
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X