Bounty Girls Miami: WTF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bounty Girls Miami: WTF

Has anyone seen this yet? its on Court TV. So far, I have seen numerous violations of Florida law.

Everything from criminal careless driving (they actually chased a guy, through red lights and stop signs, then wrecked!) to property damage (tried to PIT the guy earlier) to armed trespass (they refuse to leave a third party person's home while armed with tasers.)

It just amazes me they still have their bail agent licenses. In Florida, a bail agent is a glorified insurance agent. They cannot get firearms permits, except the CCW which anyone in Florida knows has a laundry list of places you can't carry, nor do they have any law enforcement powers whatsoever.

Oh, and another bondsman just pulled out a gun on someone on the street.

I haven't seen the new season premiere, but they're actually making dynamic entry into an apartment building.
    Why, pray chance, are these girls not in jail?
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Nathan, I've watched the series from the beginning and surprised to see all the things they can do to include the car crash and one young woman leaving the "team." Tonight the bailbondman himself pulled a sidearm and stuck it out of the window to catch a "skip."
    Only one episode showed a police officer meeting the "team" for coordination in taking a skip. I've never seen a program before promoting the breaking of the law to enforce a law. The term "surety agent" mystifies me. Wasn't that in your line of country, Florida?
    From what I've seen thus far, apart from obvious local police cooperation, are plenty of cleavage, tight fitting clothes, crude language, crass humor and hand gestures. Got to keep the ratings up. If History Channel has a program I've not seen, I surf there.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Comment

Well see the thing is 99% of the people that watch the show don't know what the laws actually are. So they can show all they want on there. The thing that worrys me is the amount of people that now want to get into that business. They think they can do whatever they want and get away with it because they are "doing something good".
      "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
      some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Here is a surety agents "arrest powers" under FL state stautes

903.22 Arrest of principal by surety before forfeiture.--A surety may arrest the defendant before a forfeiture of the bond for the purpose of surrendering the defendant or the surety may authorize a peace officer to make the arrest by endorsing the authorization on a certified copy of the bond.

903.29 Arrest of principal by surety after forfeiture.--Within 2 years from the date of forfeiture of a bond, the surety may arrest the principal for the purpose of surrendering the principal to the official in whose custody she or he was at the time bail was taken or in whose custody the principal would have been placed had she or he been committed.
        "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Let's not forget when they chased a guy down in thier truck, stopped next to him, opened his car door and yanked him out....in traffic. Then, took off and left the "perp's" vehicle sitting in the intersection. I tell you what, If someone came at ya like that here in Texas, they'd need a surgical removal of a few ounces of lead.
          I do security for work; I run into burning buildings for fun

Comment

Originally posted by bigdog View Post
            Here is a surety agents "arrest powers" under FL state stautes

903.22 Arrest of principal by surety before forfeiture.--A surety may arrest the defendant before a forfeiture of the bond for the purpose of surrendering the defendant or the surety may authorize a peace officer to make the arrest by endorsing the authorization on a certified copy of the bond.

903.29 Arrest of principal by surety after forfeiture.--Within 2 years from the date of forfeiture of a bond, the surety may arrest the principal for the purpose of surrendering the principal to the official in whose custody she or he was at the time bail was taken or in whose custody the principal would have been placed had she or he been committed.
            Surety bondsmen or agents may arrest, however, they are not law enforcement officers. They may not carry firearms by virtue of their Department of Insurance licenses. They may not violate laws to make arrests. They may not use "Use of Force during Arrest" statute to justify use of force,only the citizen use of force statutes.

They may not engage in high speed pursuits, they may not criminally damage property of a third person, and they may not randomly point weapons at people.

As to Bill's musings, you have a big point. Latino girls with big boobs and taser guns. Yelling at each other. That's the show.

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by Blade Runner View Post
              Let's not forget when they chased a guy down in thier truck, stopped next to him, opened his car door and yanked him out....in traffic. Then, took off and left the "perp's" vehicle sitting in the intersection. I tell you what, If someone came at ya like that here in Texas, they'd need a surgical removal of a few ounces of lead.
              If the vehicle is stolen or damaged, they're liable, plain and simple. If a law enforcement officer saw that, they could be charged with interference with traffic.

Comment

Are we sure this isn't one of Vince McMahon's Diva girls?

http://www.wwe.com/divasearch/

I'd love to see these gals pull this b.s. in Boston neighborhoods
                of Dorchester, Roxbury, or Mattapan. The Boston Cops would find
                these D.O.A. { Dead on Arrival}
                http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                  Why, pray chance, are these girls not in jail?
                  I'd bet money that this, like most "reality" shows is scripted and staged . . .
                  The law is reason free from passion." -- Aristotle

Comment

Slightly off topic, but did anyone catch (forgive me) that COPS episode where the bounty hunter looked sharper than the PD that showed up to help him out? The Bounty Hunter actually looked like he has his stuff together, the cops who showed were practically sleeved out with tats, and their hair that PERFECT amount of gel and spikes... Even had tats on their necks, how the hell did these guys graduate from McDonald's???

Sorry for even mentioning that show, as I do have a bit of a hatred for it, and rarely watch it.

I hate how they have to explain every little detail, and half the cops on there are more concerned about looking good for he camera, and over acting than being "real true life COPS"...
                    ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                    Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

Ok I am happy to see this thread so I can give my take on the whole deal as I see it. In the old days the good and evil people were easy to spot. Now the bad guys wear white hats. Lets start with Peoples court. Before that show I had never been in a court proceeding and was scared to death at the prospect of doing so. Although Wapner did OK things deteriotated fast. Starting with Judge Judy these many shows show a circus atmosphere. An example is a judge near here was disbarred for bad behavior. The clown judge in the Anna Nicole that turned a 5 hr max hearing into a 5 day acting fiasco. Yep you got it they both got TV shows. That 8 ball in the Anna case should have been arrested and disbarred for dereliction of duty in the intent of self gain using the public's money.

Our old friend Dog was a bad guy that got a TV show catching bail skippers. Oops!! he skipped bail in Mexico while in his second year of filming. Has anyone noticed that the common thread in most these shows is that they all seem to have a rouge person that the rest of the cast dislikes. Miami Ink it was Kat. Oh no now she has her own show La Ink. The most blaintant case is that jerk cook with the now common Brit accent that a lot of the TV villains have. That show says it's acceptable to act like a bully in the work place. I would love to have this guy pull his crappy venomous mouth toward me. Then Dog would have to track me down

So what I'm seeing is a patten of behavior that the younger generation are seeing as OK and may lead to a TV career that will get them. Even the MTV show Cribs let the average poor kid in the intercity know what they will never have and angry about their crappy existence. It's funny most people look at the violent on line games and movies for the rising crime rate and total disrespect for law enforcement.
                      Last edited by Chucky; 09-08-2007, 09:29 AM.
                      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                      http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

The Brit that you talk about is Gordon Ramsey. He runs his kitchen the way he wants to run it. He demands perfection and thats the way he gets it. I see nothing wrong with it. And thats how most kitchens in top resturants are run by the head chef. I know I used to be one of thoes underlings.
                        "You gotta look like Rico Suave, Think like Einstein and, only if that fails...fight like Tyson." -Dougo83's FTO

Me- "Should we call the police?" My FTO- "Justin, here, we are the police. Go get em."

Originally posted by Black Caesar
                        some people just need killin!!!!! (Or Tasing, or pepper spraying or whatever).

Comment

Originally posted by JSam21 View Post
                          thats how most kitchens in top resturants are run by the head chef.
                          Great, so you mean there are MORE like this guy? I would just kinda find it a LITTLE distracting if I were take my lovely GF (member here BTW) out to a nice fancy high end establishment for a romantic dinner. I could see it now...

The wine is chilled, the candle is all a glow, and from the kitchen;

"YOU CALL THIS CRAP VEAL PARMIGIANO, I WOULDN'T FEED IT TO A ANOREXIC SHARK!!!" *SMACK* "NOW START OVER, SUPID!!!"

Mmmm, I guess we should've gone with the appetizers, looks like were gonna be waiting for a bit longer...
                          ~Super Ninja Sniper~
                          Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Comment

I saw the preveiw of the show and I couldn't help but laugh a little. I do not watch that crap at all!

Be safe,

Hank
                            " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                              Surety bondsmen or agents may arrest, however, they are not law enforcement officers. They may not carry firearms by virtue of their Department of Insurance licenses. They may not violate laws to make arrests. They may not use "Use of Force during Arrest" statute to justify use of force,only the citizen use of force statutes.

They may not engage in high speed pursuits, they may not criminally damage property of a third person, and they may not randomly point weapons at people.

As to Bill's musings, you have a big point. Latino girls with big boobs and taser guns. Yelling at each other. That's the show.
                              Common law gives BEAs or sureties or whatever titile you want to give them the authority to use reasonable force to capture the fugitive just as it does in a citizens arrest situation.
                              "Get yourself a shovel cause your in deep Sh*t"

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X