X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Safety Officer Gets Spooked!

Mean prank on a Public Safety Officer

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2...4c77a_prod.wmv

If it was me, I would have probably freaked out also. The PSO's reaction is funny. He was dispatched to a burglar alarm initially but it was a set-up.
    "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

I had someone do that to me at a bank I was working at. Didn't think it was so funny after I punched him in the face. Hell, I had only graduated from Marine Corps Infantry School about a month before. It was second nature. Something jumped out at me from the dark so I hit it. HARD
    www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

Being the funny guy on the forum you might think I would find that funny. I had a similar thing happen to me that is still in litigation.
      One of the truck drivers that I talked with a few months earlier thought it would be funny to enter my post with a full winter cover all ,gloves and a ski mask pulled down. As he entered my zone he went prone and simulated a gun with his finger. Yelled this is a holdup give me the %%%###. I went crouched and had my hand on the gun. He immediately screamed No! it's me. By now I realized that he was not armed and his finger was his only gun. I demanded that he slowly pull up his mask as I removing the stay on my holster. Nuff said for now except that he will never be back here again. And no I did not recognize him for a while and assume that as some drivers do he was on Meth to keep awake on the road. The attempted armed robbery was dropped but other charges are pending.

So I find that kind of behavior in the video stupid, immature and dam scary. You may have heard the punk say good thing you don't have a gun. What if the SO was carrying a cup of hot soup? Nope not good at all.
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
      THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
      http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SgtUSMC8541 View Post
        I had someone do that to me at a bank I was working at. Didn't think it was so funny after I punched him in the face. Hell, I had only graduated from Marine Corps Infantry School about a month before. It was second nature. Something jumped out at me from the dark so I hit it. HARD

Ok, I'm Army, so I may be slow on the uptake, but were you USMCR? I ain't doubting you, but if you just graduated MCIS, I'd assume you were Active duty USMC; Were you "moonlighting" at the bank?
        “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
        "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

I was USMCR to begin with. What was called the 92K Split. Recruit Training, then serve with my unit as an 0300 (Basicly Trained Marine) and then back for Infantry school. Later went AD for a while, including a tour in southern Iraq.
          www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

Pranks like that can end up with a much worse outcome with the draw of a weapon and fast action, fortunately for both, this guy ducked for cover and re-asses the situation (or at least that's how it looked) regardless if he was scared $#*%less. It's bad enough getting busted singing out loud in normally unoccupied areas but if someone was to jump out at me like that I'd be Pissed and don't think I would bolt back as far and may have reacted similar to the way SgtUSMC8541 had...

I like pranks and play them with coworkers as well, but there's a line between fun and dangerous pranks, jumping out from behind a door or anywhere else for that matter would qualify as stupid in my mind because things like an intruder ARE a possibility, isn't that why we conduct patrols in the first place??? What's the bad guy thinking when he/she sees a security person coming, the Fight or Flight response differs in all of us.

I once heard a story of a new hospital guard, where I worked being trained, another guard was waiting in the morgue with a sheet over him, when he jumped up the trainee bolted an was later found on the top floor of the hospital... NOT FUNNY

Chucky, your idiot driver is lucky you have good scene assessment skills as well as nerves, as are you 'cause I'm sure it would suck having to deal with the constant reminder that you killed someone when it was 'just a joke' even though at the time you perceived a legitimate threat.
            I'm the guy you don't want to be around when your doing something wrong, but you can't wait for me to get there when your down, to fix you up...

If you don't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JB diligence View Post
              Chucky, your idiot driver is lucky you have good scene assessment skills as well as nerves, as are you 'cause I'm sure it would suck having to deal with the constant reminder that you killed someone when it was 'just a joke' even though at the time you perceived a legitimate threat.
              Thanks for the good words but the truth be known had I nailed this butt head I may have never known who other than a name he was or his very vague connection with me. He would have been a masked robber trying to enter the post that I get paid to stop. Under that kind of timing I would have assumed his finger pointed at me was in fact a weapon. Many many cases of the same thing happening. Suicide by cop is just one example. I owe it all to my great ARMY training. Had I been a jar head they would have found me in the fetal position crying for mommy
              THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
              THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
              http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                Had I been a jar head they would have found me in the fetal position crying for mommy
                LOL armed forces rivalry
                "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

psychologically why none of the intelligence agencies don't play ball together, and why the Goldwater Nichols thing happened.

Seriously Sarge, that guy should be glad you didn't have a kabar on you

I've heard too many stories of SOCs and Marines reverting to training in civillian life. a few are bound to be true lol.
                  sigpicMy ideal security vehicle and uniforms:

Comment

The prank was funny watching it here from my desk. But, is it really smart to pull a joke like that? I think not! Even the prankster could've gotten hurt.

Be safe,

Hank
                    " We are determined that before the sun sets on this terrible struggle, our flag will be recognized throughout the world as a symbol of freedom on one hand and of overwhelming force on the other" - General George C. Marshall

Comment

Funny / not funny

A remote control fart maker hidden in the office lit off every so often (only in presens of SO's) is FUNNY when one Officer thinks he is smelling something and is choking gaging and throwing a fit.

Jumping out at someone like what happened to Sarg. and what happened to Chucky. Deadly.

My partner and I got a call for a suspicous person in the basement. We checked the area and a housekeper jumped out at us from a stair well with his hands in the air and screaming . And when he picked him self up off the floor he said I thought you were somebody else.
                      Last edited by Knight Watch; 08-29-2007, 07:59 AM.

Comment

The worst thing we ever did at any of my posts was to put Saran wrap over the toilet bowl in the male officer's restroom . . .

That guy is lucky . . . really good way to get yourself shot.
                        The law is reason free from passion." -- Aristotle

Comment

I remember at my old job, the Security Officers used to go into buildings and leave the cruiser (CVPI) run and the Chief told us not to do that. One day, I show up at 0200 and there it sits, car running and the SEO is on his rounds. I waited until he walked out the door only to put it in gear and start to drive off. He runs but can not catch up. I left him a note in the guard shack as to where he can find it. It was locked up in a bullpen at the other end of campus.

Keep in mind, the Chief was in on this. This was an officer nobody trusted and would lie so much, he would believe his lies.
                          "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

If you're going to keep the car running, lock the damn doors.
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
                              If you're going to keep the car running, lock the damn doors.
                              Isn't it an offence under your States' road laws to leave an unattended vehicle's motor running? that's a big 'no no' down this way
                              "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X