Working with regilions people.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with regilions people.

If you had to work with a religious preson how would you feel about that and what affect would it have on you?

E.g I'm LDS and have been for thrity years. I like to read the bilbe and other chruch books plus I also bless my food when I'm out.

If I was to do this around you how would feel about that.???

I would like to make one thing clear and that is I never push my church on to anyone unless they ask first. I look forward to hear what you have to say.
    Last edited by Steve354; 08-20-2007, 03:09 AM.
    ]

feeling

Does it stop you from doing your duties or having my back.
    If yes, then I would care and wouldn't want work with you.
    If no, then it don't matter to me what you are.
    CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Pardon my ignorance but what is LDS?
      I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
      Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

lds is

la day saints i think
        CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

One of my officers is a die hard christian. From time to time she has made the comment that I am a heathen because I'm not a christian. She once told me that she was gonna have to change that, and I told her that if she attempted anything of the like, I would have her removed from the contract. Have your beliefs, I'll respect that, but respect mine as well.
          SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by gcmc security part 2 View Post
            One of my officers is a die hard christian. From time to time she has made the comment that I am a heathen because I'm not a christian. She once told me that she was gonna have to change that, and I told her that if she attempted anything of the like, I would have her removed from the contract. Have your beliefs, I'll respect that, but respect mine as well.
            Indeed. You are there to do a job, not convert.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
              Yeah... that's for Transformers!

Seriously though, as long as your cultural/religious beliefs don't cause you to be absent periodically from your shift (and watching my back)... why should I care?

Steve, back to using coloured text again?
              "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give" - Winston Churchill

Comment

That I agree with wholeheartedly. Like I said before I never push my Church on anyone unless they ask me about it first.

LDS means Latter Day Saint or Mormon.

How I work is this. Number family comes first before anything.
                then Work, then time for family, then chruch.
                ]

Comment

Are there any religious Holy Days that you are not allowed to work? Hotels are 24 hour, 365 days a year operation. A observant Jew who can't work Fridays to Saturdays could not work for me, neither can a Christian who can't work Christmas or Easter. A Muslum that have to take time out for prayer would have to delay the prayer if there was an emergency at the same time. Personnaly religion does not effect me. I'm Agnostic married to a Roman Catholic who is a Music Director at 2 Catholic churches & a Spiritual Annimator in schools.
                  I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
                  Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

As an Infidel nothing bothers me. Thank god there are billions of us in China and more in India.
                    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Do your job, show up on time, and dont screw around and I could care less who you pray to. Hell, I even work with some Army people.
                      www.oramsecurity.com

Comment

I really have no problem with religious people. The ones I work with however, have all these special requirements that mess with the schedule and its a PITA for others.
                        "I am not a hero. I am a silent guardian, a watchful protector"

Comment

Originally posted by SgtUSMC8541 View Post
                          Do your job, show up on time, and dont screw around and I could care less who you pray to. Hell, I even work with some Army people.
                          What?? Well..ug...that is just sacriligous. How could you call yourself a Marine?? Don't you know that Army people are the devil's spawn?? Geez
                          SecurityProfessional is Back up and running!

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity View Post
                            Are there any religious Holy Days that you are not allowed to work? Hotels are 24 hour, 365 days a year operation. A observant Jew who can't work Fridays to Saturdays could not work for me, neither can a Christian who can't work Christmas or Easter. A Muslum that have to take time out for prayer would have to delay the prayer if there was an emergency at the same time. Personnaly religion does not effect me. I'm Agnostic married to a Roman Catholic who is a Music Director at 2 Catholic churches & a Spiritual Annimator in schools.
                            In the US, you must give accommodation to religious practices. This includes time off for church on Sunday, etc. The only way out of it is if you can show a substantial hardship that makes the accommodation no longer "reasonable."

If a person requests Sunday off, you can have them work the evening/night shift instead, etc.
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

In the US, you must give accommodation to religious practices. This includes time off for church on Sunday, etc. The only way out of it is if you can show a substantial hardship that makes the accommodation no longer "reasonable."

If a person requests Sunday off, you can have them work the evening/night shift instead, etc.
                              A person can demand the entire Sunday off actually. In many facets of Christianity, Sunday is considered Sabbath and Holy and a day for rest, which you are not to work at all.
                              "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                              "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X