X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Warnock
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    Like I said. Candy you think isn't made anymore? It still is. Just google.
    Nathan I'll go you one better. foodnetwork.com and click on old time candy favorites. If you are a steady customer, the price is right according to my neighbor in back.
    Enjoy the day,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce View Post
    I like Choclate Pocky
    I remember the wax bottles with liquid sugar in them
    I also remember sixlets, i couldnt think of their name earlier but those are super yummy... to bad they dont make them any more.
    Like I said. Candy you think isn't made anymore? It still is. Just google.

Leave a comment:

• UtahProtectionForce
    replied
    I like Choclate Pocky
    I remember the wax bottles with liquid sugar in them
    I also remember sixlets, i couldnt think of their name earlier but those are super yummy... to bad they dont make them any more.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Originally posted by Charger View Post
    You can find the various flavors of Pocky at some of the higher-end specialty grocery stores, in the 'asian food' aisle... In the PNW, there's a grocery store chain called Haggen that specializes in the harder-to-find (aka more expensive) groceries.. they carry them all. (Or at least they did, the last time I checked) I'm sure there are some others around the country... Just gotta find 'em..
    Yeah, its finding it around here that's the trick. In Wisconsin, there was a place called Woodman's Market (wiki it) that was larger than a supercenter and all employee owned. Their meat was crap (what's the cheapest animal we can get our hands on today? Check the 4H clubs!) but they had 16 aisles of cheese and an international section that was 10 aisles long.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by N. A. Corbier View Post
    ... Strawberry Pocky, ...
    You can find the various flavors of Pocky at some of the higher-end specialty grocery stores, in the 'asian food' aisle... In the PNW, there's a grocery store chain called Haggen that specializes in the harder-to-find (aka more expensive) groceries.. they carry them all. (Or at least they did, the last time I checked) I'm sure there are some others around the country... Just gotta find 'em..

Leave a comment:

• craig333
    replied
    I like em all but one of my favorites is an almond snickers.
    I don't worry too much about the calories. It just means I take an extra lap around the building, or take the stairs instead of the elevator, or go up the stairs instead of down.

Leave a comment:

• N. A. Corbier
    replied
    Every once in awhile, I will read candy blogs because confectioneries are fascinating at times.

I will have to find a place, or simply order online, that has some items that I like which you sometimes can't get in the states.

These include Mint Aero bars, Lion bars, Strawberry Pocky, Milka bars, Carlos V bars, and this one Japanese chocolate bar that was really good, but I forget its name.

For US stuff, I like the Wonka bar, and most things caramel.

If anyone wonders "do they still make it anymore," search Google for "Bulk Candy." You will find that you can buy candies that are "gone," direct from wholesalers.

Granted, I've never actually purchased, because 30 bucks worth of chocolate is expensive (But you're buying a retail pack)...

Leave a comment:

• Steve354
    replied
    I love cadbury chocolate Toblerone. rockyroad, It's all very nice but not on the wasitline when you are trying to lose it.

Like eating 6 cream cakes in 4 days

Leave a comment:

• HotelSecurity
    replied
    Originally posted by Knight Watch View Post
    I could go on but will stop for the sanity of Hotel Security.
    Too late

Leave a comment:

• Rooney
    replied
    Originally posted by Knight Watch View Post
    Mine; Lifesavers assorted pack
    When I was young we were VERY poor. The only thing we got for Christmas was a Lifesavers book. To this day I can't stand them.

Leave a comment:

• Andy Taylor
    replied
    HS nowdays there are some wonderful sugar free candies available, although you have to go easy as to many will have a laxitive effect.

I have always loved the fruit flavored gum drops.

Leave a comment:

• Knight Watch
    replied
    UMMMMM candy

Mine; Lifesavers assorted pack, peppermint hardcandy (red and white, and the green and white), Jolly Ranchers, my favorite snack was a mountan dew and Watchamacalit (?). I could go on but will stop for the sanity of Hotel Security.

Now that I am trying to get fit and loose weight there is no soda or any candy (for the last 2 years) just coffe with a bit of splenda.

Leave a comment:

• Charger
    replied
    Originally posted by flashlightcop509 View Post
    How many of y'all remember them llittle 1/4" candy dots on the 'bout 3" wide strips of paper? or the wax bottles (or wax teeth for that matter) with the liquid sugar in them?

Do they even still have Charleston Chew candy bars anymore? I remember them being about a foot long and they were great after about a half hour in the freezer...
    Hmm.. I know I'm far from being one of the 'older' members here... But is it a bad thing that *I* remember all those??! LOL

Oh and yes, they still have Charleston Chew, and yes they're still awesome after chilling..

My favorite bar would be CC's younger sibling, 3 Musketeers... Unfortunately I'm on a severe diet in prep for my upcoming PFAT.. (And hopefully the academy soon thereafter).. So no sweets for me!

Leave a comment:

• Chucky
    replied
    Originally posted by flashlightcop509 View Post
    Kit Kat's and plain old Hershey bars... Not that they are really a favorite per se, seeing as normally I only eat candy maybe 4X a year, and I don't drink soda at all since I got back from Mississippi in '05...

How many of y'all remember them llittle 1/4" candy dots on the 'bout 3" wide strips of paper? or the wax bottles (or wax teeth for that matter) with the liquid sugar in them?

Do they even still have Charleston Chew candy bars anymore? I remember them being about a foot long and they were great after about a half hour in the freezer...
    Mountain Boy I was in a Wall Greens the other day and on one of the end caps they have all those oldies togeather. Baby Janes, Wiggly worms' Boston baked beans and the rest. cept they aren't even close to a Nickel each. Also there is a web site that sells a variety of each of the old time penny candies and I brought 1 for my son for around 25 bucks. He hated them. Guess it's what we grew up with that makes them taste better.
    http://www.nostalgiccandy.com/index....ATS&Category=2
    Last edited by Chucky; 08-16-2007, 09:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rooney
    replied
    Peanut butter cups or Kit Kats

Leave a comment:

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X