What's your hobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sgt koolaid View Post
    I have one main hobby that restoring my 1994 Chevrolet Caprice 9c1 I'm about 50% done with it.
    Would that be an actual restoration or a refurbishing? nothing wrong with either, but a restoration takes a LOT more time and money. And with a police car, permission from the department in question.

My main two hobbies are motorcycles and collecting S&W revolvers.
    Andy Taylor
    Last edited by Andy Taylor; 08-17-2007, 01:41 PM.
    "Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists. " Author Unknown

Comment

hobby

Sorry I'm refurbishing a 9c1 police package caprice as my pov for work soon i'll have some pics for ya.
      CAPTAIN KOOLAID 9594

oh ya

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by OccamsRazor View Post
          Woah, Deja Vu...

I remember somewhat replying to a pic with alky and class 3 previously, but on another board methinks...

Occam's, you a member of any movie prop forums perchance?

Anyhoo, mine are airsoft, homemade movie props, and next year will be outfitting my '03 - '04 or thereabouts CVPI... the Missus told me outright that next year after her '02 Malibu was paid off enough, she was going to sell that and the beater '95 jeep she's getting next week for the winter, and that I could get whatever car I wanted after that...

So, I'll be saying " Helloooo, CVPI... 'Bout this time next year....
          “Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left”
          "I swear to God, I'm going to pistol whip the next guy that says 'Shenanigans' "... Capt. O'Hagan, "Super Troopers"

Comment

Originally posted by flashlightcop509 View Post
            Woah, Deja Vu...
            I remember somewhat replying to a pic with alky and class 3 previously, but on another board methinks...
            Occam's, you a member of any movie prop forums perchance?
            Anyhoo, mine are airsoft, homemade movie props, and next year will be outfitting my '03 - '04 or thereabouts CVPI... the Missus told me outright that next year after her '02 Malibu was paid off enough, she was going to sell that and the beater '95 jeep she's getting next week for the winter, and that I could get whatever car I wanted after that...
            So, I'll be saying " Helloooo, CVPI... 'Bout this time next year....

No, that was me, on here, under my old username.

http://forums.securityinfowatch.com/...t=hobby&page=2

Comment

From a police stroy I found called stay cool in the heart of the chase.
              Attached Files
              ]

Comment

Originally posted by JayP71 View Post
                Good, I'm not alone. My current project is a '96 Crown Vic. A former undercover car picked up from auction. About %80 there but still saving for the supercharger (shudder, that's expensive).
                Try this place---- http://allen-superchargers.com/index.html
                I do security for work; I run into burning buildings for fun

Comment

I train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, judo and boxing, and I fight Mixed Martial Arts for fun.

Also a vocalist/guitarist for a band locally.

Comment

I have been a skywarn storm spotter for about 5 years and a local severe weather chaser for more years. I really enjoy chasing storms a lot. I don't like death and destruction of course but I like severe weather.

I also love web design and forums. I own 7 domains and 6 message forums which I wont name due to respect of anti-spam precautions...

Besides that...I like to get blitzed every now and then
                    Shawn J. Gossman
                    Security Officer
                    5+ Years Experience

Comment

Originally posted by Nauticus View Post
                      I train in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, judo and boxing, and I fight Mixed Martial Arts for fun.
                      Gracie school? Buddy of mine trains under Renzo. Me... I prefer Bujinkan Ninjutsu.

As for hobbies... Women.
                      "I don't do judgment. Just retrieval."

"The true triumph of reason is that it enables us to get along with those who do not possess it."

Comment

I used to do quite a bit of shooting of my AR-15 rifles and various semiauto pistols. I havn't done much since money has been tight lately.
                        I do spend a lot of time playing with my ham radio hobby. I am active in public service events such as walk-a-thons and things like that. Ham radio operators will often served various agencies by providing volunteers who help with the communications side of things. We use VHF and UHF radios which may be walkie-talkie style portable radios or mobile radios mounted in our vehicles. In addition we can bring in modes such as digital Packet radio which can be used to send computer text via radio frequencies to other computers. A variation of Packet radio is the Automatic Position Reporting System or APRS. This is when hams mate up a GPS receiver with a packet system. Now you have a transmitter/receiver which sends out position information and other text and receives the same from similar stations. I use this nearly every day. My car has a VHF/UHF ham radio which operates as a APRS system. Just like a Automatic Vehicle Location system used to track busses, police cars and semi trucks, my ham radio APRS system allows others to see where I am driving. It's useful during events to keep track of runners-walkers-bikers-whatever as they make their way along a course. Also, by putting a APRS transmitter on event vehicles such as SAG trucks, medical units or supply vehicles you always know where your resourses are just by looking at a map on your computer screen. It's not just for mobile use. May home based APRS stations are in operation and a large percentage of those are tied into home weather stations so they transmit environmental data into a network of other stations. Want to see a peek of what APRS is about? Here's a site put up by a ham in Florida with a Java map displaying all of the APRS stations broadcasting into the world wide network. Go to http://www.aprsfl.net/javaprs.html .
                        I also play around with Ham radio Television or ATV. That's right, sending video signals over ham radio frequencies so that anyone with a cable ready TV can receive them if they are within range. This is useful during public service events when your event organizers/operators want to be able to actually see something going on out on a course. Officials waiting at the Start/Finish line like being able to see live video of participants running or biking their way down the street. I've used different equipment and being on a tight budget I have to experiment and learn from lots of trial and error. I built a webpage of so tinkering I was doing one day with a few peices of ATV equiptment. It's at- http://www.geocities.com/sraacke/atv . I've deployed my ATV station for a couple of events and decided to build a webpage to show me at one event on the LSU campus. It's at http://www.geocities.com/sraacke/atv2 . I will be taking my ATV gear and my Voice and APRS radios to a 5K fun run at a baptist church in Baton Rouge on March 1 of this year. Later in the year I will be participating in at least 4 other events by providing voice, data and video communications with area ham radio operators.
                        So that's some of what I do.
                        Hospital Security Officer

Comment

Not sure if this is a hobby but we did it alot and it was fun. I grew up in a farm house with a cow barn and about 20 cows. We had a lot of problems with the little field mice coming into the house. So one summer day my friends came up with an idea. Put a glass milk bottle in the ground with the top flush with the surface. Insert a piece of cheese in it and the next morning we would have a few of the LiL buggers caught. Now what to do with them?

My farther had a bottle of helium in the barn I guess for wielding although never asked so we did the only honorable thing. Got some balloons and string and filled them and tied the string to their tales and set them free. I remember watching them float out of sight and still wondered if any landed in some unsuspecting family picnic. We spent most the summer repeating that. I Kite flying is a hobby then mouse flying surely must have been.
                          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                          THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                          http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

My hobbies:
                            -USCG Auxiliary (Crew & Coms)
                            -Shooting
                            -World of Warcraft
                            -Amateur Radio
                            -Autism Awareness
                            -Jedi-
                            Semper Paratus

Comment

Chucky that is the weirdest thing I have ever heard of besides people who collect plastic shopping bags (I worked with a woman who collected shopping bags from around the world). I guess it was the humane way for them to be transported away and being a caring bloke, holding them by their tails is considered the best way to pick them up.
                              "Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer" Sun Tzu

Comment

True it is a little different but at 10-12 years old we thought that they would travel 100s of miles and when the touched down they would chew off the string and hopefully find a good home. Like say Canada The alternative would have been to get their little necks snapped in the numerous traps set around. Eye balls bulging and the little tongues hanging out like Gene Simmons. Their weight kept them a little above the trees so oxygen mask were not needed.
                                THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                                THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                                http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X