Track any cellphone via GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track any cellphone via GPS

Here is a website that will let you track any GSM cellphone via GPS. Enter the cellphone number, and it will load a map to show you the current location of that cellphone. The margin of error for US cell phones is 25 meters. Enjoy!

http://www.sat-gps-locate.com
    "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Better not tell my wife about this site......but I think the margin of error is higher.
    Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
    Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
      Here is a website that will let you track any GSM cellphone via GPS. Enter the cellphone number, and it will load a map to show you the current location of that cellphone. The margin of error for US cell phones is 25 meters. Enjoy!

http://www.sat-gps-locate.com
      I could kick myself for entering my cell phone number into this thing, thinking a member had posted a genuine application. DON'T DO IT! It could very well be something "MORE" than the "joke" it appears to be.
      "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

It would be a serious breach of carrier privacy, and possibly illegal (since a recent law made it unlawful to get phone records), for a vendor to provide GPS location services for "any GSM cell phone."

My Sprint and Nextel cell phones have GPS. It requires specific approval from the phone user to send GPS data anywhere.
        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer
          I could kick myself for entering my cell phone number into this thing, thinking a member had posted a genuine application. DON'T DO IT! It could very well be something "MORE" than the "joke" it appears to be.
          My wife is going to be really upset at davis002 if it turns out it was a site phyisihing for cell phone numbers
          I enforce rules and regulations, not laws.
          Security Officers. The 1st First Responders.

Comment

Originally posted by HotelSecurity
            My wife is going to be really upset at davis002 if it turns out it was a site phyisihing for cell phone numbers
            I, just hope there aren't any divorce attorneys looking at this site.
            "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

lol... it was nothing more than a joke site that I heard on the radio. It's not my fault that forum members entered the cell phone numbers of significant others. Trust issues? Anyways, I doubt it's a phishing scheme.
              "To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill." Sun-Tzu

Comment

Originally posted by davis002
                lol... it was nothing more than a joke site that I heard on the radio. It's not my fault that forum members entered the cell phone numbers of significant others. Trust issues? Anyways, I doubt it's a phishing scheme.
                I entered my own cell just because I knew where it was, of course, to test the "application", and I bet that's what most people do.

As a joke, it's very funny, I agree. However, I don't think even the guys on the radio could be sure (I'm still not sure, and I'm checking) or maybe even bothered to check whether it's a phishing scheme before putting it out on the air. You can't rely on most of the clowns on the radio to even think about such things.

If it was a phishing scheme, it would be a good one, picking up a user's browser info and IP, etc., and then linking that to a phone number. Someone certainly went to some trouble to create a very sophisticated "look" to this website in order to convince you this is a serious application. All just for a joke? I hope so! Anyway....it's my bad. I knew better. We all should know better.
                "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

Thanks for the warning I put in a fictitious number just to see if it was the same IP as the one that claims to pull up a copy of your drivers licence and the punch was a picture of a monkey on a phony licence.

NAT
                  I also have Sprint and get no telemarketer calls with one exception and that is from the sprint boiler rooms in India. It takes a mighty lot to get me this POed but after telling(screaming slow and clear) them to not call me anymore they still continue to do so.
                  Here's the kicker my plan is for 700 mins and I seldom use more than a hundred. These folks don't seem to understand that I do not now or ever want to increase to 1000 mins. At the end of this contract I will be shopping around. Just wondering do you also get calls from them?
                  THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                  THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                  http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Chucky, we have Cingular, now AT&T Wireless. I never get a promotions call from them. I once got a text message from them for which there was a charge. I called their office to complain, got a credit and they put a block on their text messaging program. Service providers are exempt from the "do not call list." Call their corporate offices at the number listed on your bill and ask them to stop the calls for to continue to do so would, on your part, represent a breach of faith. They will slam on the brakes as they want to keep all the customers they have now.
                    Enjoy the day,
                    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by SecTrainer
                      I know the feeling. I should have read the posts first. Can we get this thread deleted just in case it’s a scheme?
                      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
                        I know the feeling. I should have read the posts first. Can we get this thread deleted just in case it’s a scheme?
                        Ask Geoff Kohl, its not really spam, so I can't delete it.
                        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X