A Lottery Winner - AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Lottery Winner - AGAIN!

Well, I give up. I've apparently just won the 2,462nd lottery that I never entered - this one in the amount of 6 billion trotzkis, which at the current exchange rate equals about $17.36 US. I have the option of taking it all at once (they will rent me a wheelbarrow to carry it home for just 7 billion trotzkis) or in payments over 35 years. In order to collect, I just have to send them a $9000 winner processing fee. Seems fair enough to me.

I've been refusing to accept these staggering winnings up until now, on the theory that poverty gives you a sense of appreciation of the ordinary things of life - like peanut butter - but at last I give up. I can't fight them. If these lottery operators in Latvia, Romania and Lower Slobovia will keep insisting on shoving purses of gold at me, I suppose it's mighty discourteous of me to continue to refuse their benificent gifts.

No doubt, then, my next post will be from my new villa somewhere on the Riviera, but I assure all my dear friends on the forum that wealth will not change me in any way and I'll always still be ready to knock back a beer and share a pretzel with you poor working stiffs - just as long as you don't try to borrow money from me. Villas on the Riviera don't come cheap, you know.
    Last edited by SecTrainer; 03-13-2007, 12:35 AM.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

ill trade you 123243424354333957 yahoo points for your 6 billion trizskois lol

im j/k
    Its not how we die that counts.....
    Its not how we lived that counts....
    all that matters is how we saved that one life that one time by being in the right place at the right time....

Comment

Originally posted by UtahProtectionForce
      ill trade you 123243424354333957 yahoo points for your 6 billion trizskois lol

im j/k
      Hmmm....let me check the exchange rate on yahoo points and I'll get back to you. I'm having a little trouble finding any villas available on the Riviera for 6 billion trotzkis.

Comment

I get those spam messages daily. I report them to [email protected].
        Retail Security Consultant / Expert Witness
        Co-Author - Effective Security Management 6th Edition

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Originally posted by Security Consultant
          I get those spam messages daily. I report them to [email protected].
          Let me see if I understand you correctly. You're saying this is SPAM? Some unscrupulous clown has made off with my $9 grand processing fee? No wheelbarrow full of trotzkis? NO VILLA ON THE RIVIERA? Gak!

I think you're just jealous. Next, I suppose you'll be telling me that the Miracle Man Mudd I ordered ("RESULTS WILL AMAZE YOU AND THRILL YOUR GIRLFRIEND!") won't turn me into a walking studly fire hose, either.

Ummm...anyone interested in 11 cases of Miracle Man Mudd? I'll cover the shipping. When it arrives, you'll note that it looks quite a bit like mud. In fact, if you didn't know better you'd swear it was mud. However, it contains secret ingredients extracted from the flower of the flim-flam shrub, which only grows on one mountain in the Andes and blooms for 20 seconds in May. Very hard (no pun intended) stuff to get...
          Last edited by SecTrainer; 03-13-2007, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I don't want to ruin a good thing but I just got an email from a guy in a third world country who has $9,000,000 of funds in a Swiss account and wants my help in getting the funds out of the country. I apparently can have all of the money, he is just trying to keep it out of the hands of their corrupt government!

All I have to do is to provide him with all my banking info and SS#.

I have been getting junk like that since the early 1990's when they would come in the mail in a 6X8 brown envelope! You'd think that after all these years, someone would have helped this poor sob!
            Richard Dickinson
            Dickinson Security Management Group, LLC
            DSMG Provides a Variety of Software Products and Consulting Services to the Contract Security Industry
            www.hrdickinson.com

Comment

Originally posted by hrdickinson
              I don't want to ruin a good thing but I just got an email from a guy in a third world country who has $9,000,000 of funds in a Swiss account and wants my help in getting the funds out of the country. I apparently can have all of the money, he is just trying to keep it out of the hands of their corrupt government!

All I have to do is to provide him with all my banking info and SS#.

I have been getting junk like that since the early 1990's when they would come in the mail in a 6X8 brown envelope! You'd think that after all these years, someone would have helped this poor sob!
              GAK! I just did! You mean he's not LEGIT??

Comment

I get those lottery spams so much

Comment

Here's what works for me. I forward all of that spam to [email protected]. I then reply, without a signature, that I have forwarded their spam/fraud to the FTC. After a few weeks I went from 20+ daily to three or less daily.

Contributor to Retail Crime, Security and Loss Prevention: An Encyclopedic Reference

Comment

Here's what works for me. I forward all of that spam to [email protected]. I then reply, without a signature, that I have forwarded their spam/fraud to the FTC. After a few weeks I went from 20+ daily to three or less daily.
                    Thank you. I now have a new tidbit for the security guide's computer security section.
                    Fellow members, you now see the importance of this forum.
                    Enjoy the day,
                    Bill

Comment

Just to let you guys know, there is this former prince in Nigeria who I am helping. Basically, he's got this money that's locked up by the government, so I am going to cash some checks for him and mail him the money and when I do that, he's going to send me half. It's a win-win situation.
                      "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
                      "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Microsoft, with an address of 20 Craven Park, Harlesden London NW10 United Kingdom, in cooperation with aol (sic), has decided to give me an unspecified amount for a Computar Draws Lottery (sic).
                        Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

The problem I have is with this is more than half of the idiots I reply to I get a response saying that there is no such email address.
                          Todd

Comment

Do not reply to spam emails for any reason. All you are really doing is confirming the address is live, which boosts the price of it when they sell it to others to spam.
                            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by tlangsr
                              The problem I have is with this is more than half of the idiots I reply to I get a response saying that there is no such email address.
                              I never get a return response.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X