X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
    Dispatching is a tough job - you have to be able to multi-task, remember details and coordinate responding units. Small towns and college campuses have their share of issues - I would imagine the amount of drug overdose calls has increased EVERYWHERE. And with fewer police I can only imagine the stress - trying to cobble together back up for serious calls, people screaming "Why isn't anyone here yet?!" etc.
    Working 3rd shift it is about 0200 hours when the drug overdose calls come in Our site is not far from a college, and yes drugoverdose
    "M1 to 161, 162 female 20 years old lying down on parking lot of ABC college, near XYZ dorm"
    "M1 to 163 , drive over to 145 Main street, caller says her 19 year old daughter is reacting to an overdose of drugs Mayberry Rescue is sending an ambulance "
    "M1 to 166, and 167 disturbance at 7/11 store at 215 Elm street"
    "M1 to 168 Mayberry rescue to 442 Maple street Caller says his 2 year old daughter is vomiting and is sickly"
    And these calls can come all together

Leave a comment:

• Condo Guard
    replied
    Dispatching is a tough job - you have to be able to multi-task, remember details and coordinate responding units. Small towns and college campuses have their share of issues - I would imagine the amount of drug overdose calls has increased EVERYWHERE. And with fewer police I can only imagine the stress - trying to cobble together back up for serious calls, people screaming "Why isn't anyone here yet?!" etc.

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim1348 View Post
    I retired from sworn work almost twelve years ago. In Minnesota, where I am, there are more announcements for sworn openings than I ever remember in my life.

And, like pointed out, they are having a Hell of a time keeping the 911 PSAPs staffed, too!

https://dps.mn.gov/entity/post/job-o...s/default.aspx
    The one thing, at least in Metro Boston is new police recruits are choosing to go to smaller towns { Mayberry} vs the cities of Boston, Springfield,
    Why? Police in a Mayberry town are more appreciated Townies wave, and say hello to the local police In some towns budgets call for
    more police not less, No not everything is peaceful Even in small town America there are murders, rapes, bank hold ups

Leave a comment:

• Jim1348
    replied
    I retired from sworn work almost twelve years ago. In Minnesota, where I am, there are more announcements for sworn openings than I ever remember in my life.

And, like pointed out, they are having a Hell of a time keeping the 911 PSAPs staffed, too!

https://dps.mn.gov/entity/post/job-o...s/default.aspx

Leave a comment:

• copelandamuffy
    started a topic Police Dispatchers

Police Dispatchers

This could be any town USA . This is the town near my home A tip of that to all police dispatchers from Seattle to Phoenix, to Boston
    It does not matter whether it a loud party, or a dead body on someone's front lawn
    All dispatch teams are cool, and calm

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	83
Size:	447.9 KB
ID:	249183

Leaderboard

Collapse
Working...
X