Lock Bumping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock Bumping

Saw this the other day and have been a tad busy and couldn't post it till now.

Lock Bumping
    ~Super Ninja Sniper~
    Corbier's Commandos

Nemo me impune lacessit

Grammical and Spelling errors may occur form time to time. Yoov bin worned

Originally posted by ValleyOne
    Saw this the other day and have been a tad busy and couldn't post it till now.

Lock Bumping
    Yeah...and there's a bunch of sites selling bumper keys (no idea if they're any good)...including a couple of Google "Sponsored" sites, which does surprise me just a bit.
    "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

The key here is to purchase "top of the line" locking devices. If you buy locks at a flea market or a cheapie, you are begging for trouble. Locking devices are but one subset in physical security, whole, part whole. Warnock's dicta, "Sensitivity, Criticality and Vulnerability."
      Enjoy the day,
      Bill

Comment

I started a thread on this problem awhile back. When I attempted this with a lock, I discovered that it's not as easy as they make it sound. I never did get the lock to open despite spending a few hours trying it.
        Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Security
          I started a thread on this problem awhile back. When I attempted this with a lock, I discovered that it's not as easy as they make it sound. I never did get the lock to open despite spending a few hours trying it.
          I take it that the bumper key has to be fairly specific to the lock, and it really has to be made properly in order to work. There's probably a good chance that the bumper keys for sale on the Web might be nothing but scams themselves. After all, who would the customer complain to if they're bogus?
          "Every betrayal begins with trust." - Brian Jacques

"I can't predict the future, but I know that it'll be very weird." - Anonymous

"There is nothing new under the sun." - Ecclesiastes 1:9

"History, with all its volumes vast, hath but one page." - Lord Byron

Comment

My friend showed me the "bump key" technique. It is fairly simple and after a few tries anyone could probably make it work on just about any lock. The key must have the same amount of notches and same side groove as the key that is designed for the lock, when they are cut to level 9 you perform the bump technique and the lock will open. I have not seen a traditional lock this will not work on.
            "Alright guys listen up, ya'll have probably heard this before, Jackson vs. Securiplex corporation; I am a private security officer, I have no State or governmental authority. I stand as an ordinary citizen. I have no right to; detain, interrogate or otherwise interfere with your personal property-... basically all that means is I'm a cop."-Officer Ernie
            "The Curve" 1998

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
            Working...
            X