Saw the dumbest interview with Seattle's police chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw the dumbest interview with Seattle's police chief

Interim Seattle Police Chief Diaz did a very short segment on Good Morning America (GMA3), talking about the rise in violent crime in Seattle. Understand that Chief Diaz wants to become the next SPD Chief officially, so he's not only swallowed the progressive city council's Kool Aid, he apparently bathes in it.

Seattle has a major gang problem, but we don't use the word "gang" in any of the media, because supposedly it is racist. We also have a depleted police force with fewer detectives, so most murders go unsolved with no arrests. So when asked about why there has been such a spike in violence, the reason is...COVID. The lock downs led to isolation and frustration, and now people are lashing out.

Diaz believes it is a "public health crisis," and needs to be treated as such. Sadly, his time was cut off, so I wasn't able to hear how this "public health crisis" is to be solved. I guess I should carry aspirin instead of OC?

My city is doomed.

You know, you might like a book I just read, that talked about how actually we're living in the most peaceful time in human history. It's actually really interesting; The Better Angels of Our Nature: Why Violence Has Declined, Steven Pinker. Like I said, it's an interesting read.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
      Interim Seattle Police Chief Diaz did a very short segment on Good Morning America (GMA3), talking about the rise in violent crime in Seattle. Understand that Chief Diaz wants to become the next SPD Chief officially, so he's not only swallowed the progressive city council's Kool Aid, he apparently bathes in it.

Seattle has a major gang problem, but we don't use the word "gang" in any of the media, because supposedly it is racist. We also have a depleted police force with fewer detectives, so most murders go unsolved with no arrests. So when asked about why there has been such a spike in violence, the reason is...COVID. The lock downs led to isolation and frustration, and now people are lashing out.

Diaz believes it is a "public health crisis," and needs to be treated as such. Sadly, his time was cut off, so I wasn't able to hear how this "public health crisis" is to be solved. I guess I should carry aspirin instead of OC?

My city is doomed.
      You are not alone Boston once a safe city is on the decline Theater district , down town shopping area , and gangs beating up, and stabbing innocent people When my brother, sister, and myself were kids in the late 1950's, and early 1960's my Mom would take us into Boston on a Friday evening Shop, have dinner, take in a movie Now in 2022 I would not go in to downtown Boston at High Noon with Vince McMahons professional wrestlers Who do I blame? The rich bastard who live in safe parts of the city, and stop me if you have heard this before, lenient District Attorneys, and soft on crime judges. BTW this pisses me to know end what has happened to MY Boston !!! 40 years ago when my wife, and i were dating we'd hit the bars, and dance our feet away until 0200 hours in the morning NOT NOW !! Useless Mayors and incompetent police chiefs I live 45 miles from Boston Fairy safe town Our neighbor was a Boston Police patrol women Left BPD, and moved here to our town for peace, became a member of our local police, and out here more tough DA's, and judges
      Last edited by copelandamuffy; 04-22-2022, 05:50 PM.
      http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Good points, all. One story I heard was that since crime has been so low up to now, the sudden "surge" feels worse than it is. Maybe that's true. I think COVID and the George Floyd protests exposed the cracks in our society, especially in the criminal justice system.

I'm all for diversion programs and rehab for first offenders that have done minor crimes. Let's face it - the American criminal justice system isn't very good at rehabilitating people. The problem with "woke" judges an prosecutors is that simply releasing offenders in the name of social justice doesn't do anyone any good. There are plenty of horror stories, but here's an example: 2 teens went on a pot shop crime spree. They were violent, pistol whipping and beating employees. The judge in the case put them on home detention with ankle bracelets. What did they do? They cut them off, went on another spree, and this time killed a worker. NOW they're in juvenile detention and facing murder charges.

I don't know what the answer is with career petty criminals. But I know every Seattle business owner is sick of getting victimized by thieves and burglars who have been arrested 20, 50 (and yes) 75+ times with no consequences of any weight. I looked up one guy's rap sheet - property crimes going all the way back to 2008. Honestly, what do you with a guy like that? He's not likely to change at this point.

And Copie brings up a good point about our career field - people who have $$ can hire private security to protect them. People who don't have to rely on understaffed police and politically appointed judges and hope for the best...

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw

Good summary.

Comment

This as might as well be Boston,
            Those on the Seattle city council?
            How about we drag your kids down to where the drug addicts, and leave them there for an hour
            BUT whose to blame? THE BRAIND DEAD VOTERS OF SEATTLE, and yes Boston too

You can clean this up in 24/48 hours GIVE THE TOOLS TO THE SEATTLE/BOSTON POLICE TO DO THEIR JOB !!!!
            Yes get help for those who fallen out of the system, but STOP VOTING FOR A** HOLE POLITCIANS

Condo Guard: My wife and I were in your city 20 + years ago Very pretty NOT NOW

And to repeat myself: Now in 2022 I would not go in to downtown Boston at High Noon with Vince McMahons professional wrestlers

Oh yes away out in the suburbs of Boston the townies like their police We support our men, and women in blue

04-24-2022, 03:59 AM
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpAi70WWBlw

Good summary.
            Last edited by copelandamuffy; 04-26-2022, 12:36 PM.
            http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

Downtown is the worst; I haven't been in years. What the council doesn't understand is money isn't the issue (the average SPD officer starts at $75,000 p/y) - it is morale and results. WA state passed new laws to hamper the police; nobody wants to risk getting their commission pulled over a stupid incident.

Our state is very resistant to involuntary commitment due to past abuses in the mental health care system, but the solution is make sure there are safeguards in the system. We also don't do mental health treatment very well for the simple reason that nobody wants to raise taxes to fund it.

Oh, and a quick postscript to "Seattle is Dying" - Travis Berge, the guy who declared he had "beaten the justice system" died in 2020 after stabbing his girlfriend to death. He climbed into a chlorine tank at the local park and drowned. Couldn't beat the Grim Reaper.

Comment

Oh, and a quick postscript to "Seattle is Dying" - Travis Berge, the guy who declared he had "beaten the justice system" died in 2020 after stabbing his girlfriend to death. He climbed into a chlorine tank at the local park and drowned. Couldn't beat the Grim Reaper.

Win.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X