Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Seattle Anarchy Update

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijoL3Hy_Bw

KOMO's latest documentary - "The Fight For The Soul of Seattle." The proposal to decriminalize all misdemeanors with the "poverty" defense looks like it is going to pass, one way or another. (You can do anything you want except DUI or felony assault, as long as you are poor, high and / or mentally ill. You don't have to prove it - just stating that you are any one or all of the three suffices. Our city prosecutor loves the idea.)

If you live in a Democrat run city, especially on the West Coast, it's worth watching at least the first 30 minutes. Our city council is lazy and arrogant - and the passivity of Seattle's population will allow them to keep their jobs and squander more taxpayer money. Hopefully no one else copies our model, although the comments section mentioned that Austin, TX apparently is taking the same route.

If you live in a Democrat run city, especially on the West Coast, it's worth watching at least the first 30 minutes. Our city council is lazy and arrogant - and the passivity of Seattle's population will allow them to keep their jobs and squander more taxpayer money. Hopefully no one else copies our model, although the comments section mentioned that Austin, TX apparently is taking the same route.
    &&&
    Whoever this reporter is, he is very, very good.
    Questions? How is the media in Seattle covering this? Sorry to annoy some, but most media, newspapers, and television are passive, They like Seattle's city council do not want to offend anyone.

CG, Seattle is not alone. I have close kin in Austin, and now will not go into downtown Austin because of homeless problem, and drugs

Boston has problems too Methadone mile it is called in the South End of the city

Another question. When is the next city council election. Gad Ebenezer Scrooge to clean up this mess

I'd bet the farm Seattle police are leaving in droves. I am guessing to quitter suburbs of Seattle, where police are cared for, and yes have the support of the citizens

I have a close friend whose son opted to become a police officer outside of Boston, in the burbs where less crime,, and backing of the town council, and townies

CG, This will get fixed How? When enough of the business, and citizens flee Seattle and there is nothing left
    Businesses? How about when baseball returns, nobody goes to Mariner's game, because Seattle is unsafe
    The new hockey team will fold, do to lack of fans

And,, yes your Governor of Washington was born with out balls Bring in the Washington National Guard, Washington Highway patrol, and State police, and clamp down hard on the druggies and lawlessness destroying what was a great city It can be done
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

Comment

To answer your questions: Seattle Police officers are retiring or going lateral to other agencies. (One of local police chiefs joked in an interview - "Come to our city - we still use our handcuffs.") They really won't have to cut many patrol officers under the defunding mandate - they've already left.

KOMO is a Sinclair station, and whatever you want to say about Sinclair, the local reporters are good and this station is the only one sounding the alarm. Some of the conservative radio hosts are covering it, but their coverage tends to lean towards the sensational (if such a thing is possible anymore). The other TV stations down play the situation, not wanting to lose access to the local politicians or anger advertisers.

Over 140 local businesses have closed and are not coming back. The council says it is "mostly" due to COVID. The truth is that between the virus and the crime, they didn't have a chance.

Your point on the governor is spot on. Right now a mini-CHOP/CHAZ zone surrounds one of the parks taken over by the homeless drug vagrants - protected by barricades and armed protesters. Even Portland, OR wouldn't put up with this. But the National Guard has to be asked to intervene if it is a local emergency - and nobody around here will do it. These "progressives" are hypocrites - we know the homeless camps are destroying the environment and that prostitution of teen girls is going on (where is the feminist call for them to be rescued?). Their silence is deafening.

Seattle has always been passive - we tend to keep to ourselves, and as long as things aren't too bad, we don't rock the boat. The rich tech workers don't care - they live in secure condos and work in secure office buildings, with lots of private security. I think things have to get significantly worse and spread across and out of the city (which is happening). Maybe the people will wake up and demand a change.

Comment

KOMO is a Sinclair station, Yes Sinclair broadcasting is good

The other TV stations down play the situation, not wanting to lose access to the local politicians or anger advertisers. Yeah the same here in Boston.
        "We don't want to offend anyone, or hurt their feelings, or we got to play nice to the local politicians". BULL SHOT\

Over 140 local businesses have closed and are not coming back. The council says it is "mostly" due to COVID. The truth is that between the virus and the crime, they didn't have a chance. Sad Ma and Pa stores are screwed. Boston was hit with rioters this spring. Who suffered most? Black owned businesses

Right now a mini-CHOP/CHAZ zone surrounds one of the parks taken over by the homeless drug vagrants - protected by barricades and armed protesters.
        Armed protestors? In Massachusetts for one to be LTC, and Large Capacity Firearms, one has to go through extensive training, and background check

"progressives" are hypocrites - we know the homeless camps are destroying the environment and that prostitution of teen girls is going on (where is the feminist call for them to be rescued?). Their silence is deafening. Libs, do as I say, not as I do. And teenage girls selling their bodies, and your city council,
        "nothing to see, keep moving alone"

CG, When WW2 ended, not everyone went home after the war. My Dad was in the Navy, and ended up in Seattle for a few months. He fell in love with Seattle My wife and I were in Seattle, 2003., and found Seattle charming

The rich tech workers don't care - they live in secure condos and work in secure office buildings, with lots of private security. I think things have to get significantly worse and spread across and out of the city (which is happening). Maybe the people will wake up and demand a change.

Things change? How about the druggies and homeless stop by the office buildings in downtown Seattle? Defecate at the doorsteps of these
        high rise skyscrapers? Accost the young women working at these high tech businesses Rob the techies. When the homeless and drug addicts
        are done with secure office buildings, move onto their condos.
        Demand a change? People will get pissed off enough to boot out the Seattle city council

Comment

CG: Below is a portrait of Philadelphia at Christmas about 1950. Husting, bustling, The biggest problem was finding Vicki a doll for Christmas, or Timmy a Lionel train set. And maybe traffic, and a place for coffee. This photo could have been Seattle in the 1950's Druggies, and homeless were probably non extent If there were problems, Seattle police nipped in the bud el pronto, Families were safe back then, Now 2020, and it is a sewer. And Boston has its problems too

Comment

Away back long ago, most cities were safe. Yes there were bad parts of cities you did not go to. Boston had undesirable areas. Houston,, Buffalo New York, and Seattle.

BUT the police kept the rift-raft an watchful eye on. Prostitutes', were scurried along. Beggars were shooed away. Families could go to a Boston, Cleveland,
            Kansas City in the evening to watch a new movie release from Hollywood, ice cream after, and know the COPS were there

My wife, and I when were first dating back in the early 1980's were out at night clubs in Boston to two o'clock in the morning Boston Police were always near by

2020, and the drum beat. DEFUND THE POLICE. Loot, burn down Bank of America, Walgreens, JC Penney, and nothing is said
            140 businesses shuttered in Seattle? Bulletin, they ain't coming back, nor replaced

And the city councils of Seattle, and yes Boston find this is okay Think about all the night clubs, and restaurants gonzo, or people won't go
            there any more for safety reasons.

When Seattle, and yes Boston, and Louisville , Kentucky are ghost towns, maybe, just maybe the brain dead voters will wake up

Comment

People joked in the 1990s about SPD giving out tickets for jaywalking. That was a real thing - I almost got one in college. Now, they don't even do traffic stops - which is why the ORC crowd comes up, takes off their license plates, and hit all the shopping centers in town.

The last election had a couple of reasonable candidates, proposing very reasonable "law and order" policies. They unfortunately took corporate contributions, got branded by the leftist progressives as "Amazon candidates" and lost.

The other part of the issue is the failure of public education. I think a lot of people missed what Trump was getting at when he said we need to teach "American values" again. There is a real Marxist agenda that is flowing down from the colleges to the high schools to the middle schools. I thought it was just paranoia, but since I've dived into the Twitterverse and talked to white, middle class drug addicts and protesters, trust me, it is there.

When you ask these kids about Mao, Pol Pot or Stalin, they either don't know who they are, or just give the excuse that "true" Marxism won't lead to their excesses. When you ask them what abolishing private property would really mean, you just get platitudes. The problem is, these kids now vote - when they're not throwing rocks at police or occupying other people's vacant houses.

Comment

When you ask these kids about Mao, Pol Pot or Stalin, they either don't know who they are, or just give the excuse that "true" Marxism won't lead to their excesses. When you ask them what abolishing private property would really mean, you just get platitudes. The problem is, these kids now vote - when they're not throwing rocks at police or occupying other people's vacant houses.

[/QUOTE]

I have heard this "bull" about private property. Everyone of these snowflakes/cup cakes owns a iPhone You can bet the farm on this
                They live, and breathe by these iPhones. How about we take their phones away.? They are so giddy about abolishing private property,
                they should be A-Okay with giving up their phones . IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN

Go one better, I would wager a lot of these tykes live out in the more affluent suburbs of Seattle They go home to their comfy homes at night
                Don't believe that? A good number of arrests this summer in Boston by the Boston police were kids from wealthy towns outside of Boston
                What if they had to now live on the streets of Boston, or Seattle? These cream puffs would not last 5 minutes

Yeah these kids vote, but sooner or later the s*it hits the fan. Life in the fast lane will be hit by a road block It won't be pretty when Reality 101 hits them hard

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                Working...
                X