Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you feel about sports in 2020 (and beyond)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you feel about sports in 2020 (and beyond)?

Copie brought up a good point in the other thread - all sports ratings this year are down. I admit I haven't watched a lot of sports this year, although a lot of that is due to my work schedule.

I think the low ratings are due to a couple of factors. Part of it is that it is not a diversion from COVID, it is a reminder. The cardboard cutouts and fake crowd noise make it more artificial than it already is. When they cover the stands or put up the black out screens, it looks like they're playing in a box - its too weird.

With so many people out of work or underemployed, I imagine watching overpaid players has lost a certain appeal. The injection of politics into everything has made it controversial. I respect the fact that players are people and have free speech rights, but it would be nice if they could find a way to separate it better.

Off the field, do what you want (without wearing your team's logos, since you are representing only yourself). On the field, put your jersey on and play - I don't care who you are voting for, how you feel about issue A or B. I'm tuning in to watch you be athletic, not tell me what to think.
    Last edited by Condo Guard; 11-02-2020, 04:00 PM.

If you want to watch REAL Sports, Little League, and PopWarner or whatever it’s called now.

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
    Working...
    X