Unlocking cars easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocking cars easy

Here are a few tips that you might try the next time you get a key locked inside a car. Plus other helpful ideas for your cell phone.

For those of you in Canada, I am not sure if this works there also.
    THINGS YOU NEVER KNEW YOUR CELL PHONE COULD DO.

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies.

Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool
    for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST Subject: Emergency

The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112. If you find yourself
    out of the coverage area of your mobile; network and there is an
    emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any
    existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialed even if the keypad is locked. Try it out.

SECOND Subject: Have you locked your keys in the car?

Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday.
    Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and
    the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their cell phone
    from your cell phone. Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car
    door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding
    it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves
    someone from having to drive your keys to you. Distance is no object.
    You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk). Editor's Note: It works fine!
    We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a cell phone!"

THIRD Subject: Hidden Battery Power

Imagine your cell battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370# your cell will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery. This reserve will get charged when you charge your cell next time.

FOURTH How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?

To check your Mobile phone's serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 # A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset. Write it down and keep it somewhere safe.
    When your phone gets stolen, you can phone your service provider and
    give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief
    Changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless. You
    probably won't get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can't use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

And Finally....
    FIFTH

Cell phone companies are charging us $1.00 to $1.75 or more for 411
    information calls when they don't have to. Most of us do not carry a telephone directory in our vehicle, which makes this situation even more of a problem. When you need to use the 411 information option, simply dial: (800) FREE 411, or (800) 373-3411 without incurring any charge at all.
    Program this into your cell phone now.
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
    THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
    http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Congratulations, you have succeeded in further spreading an urban myth. Several of them.

I've gotten this email from Racine Emergency Management which means you're not the only one.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/cellphones.asp

Also, the IEMI (special number) thingy... Its the IEMI on the back of your phone, under the battery. Do not go putting those numbers in your phone. Mainly because the sequences vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, and most of them are Nokia based.
    Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Unlocking Cars

Bricks work 100% of the time.

Sorry. I'm getting cabin fever. Time for a patrol.
      Security: Freedom from fear; danger; safe; a feeling of well-being. (Webster's)

Comment

Great, now I have to get a key, a car, a cell phone and a brick!

If the battery on your car alarm/door unlocker key fob stops working, try it the old fashioned way, insert car key into door lock and turn.
        Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted.
        Groucho Marx

Comment

I would do that, but the security system on my car prevents that from happening. If I lock the car with the remote and open it with the key - my alarm starts shrieking very loudly and will only shut off if I close the door, lock it with the fob and unlock it with the fob. Very weird how they set it up.

Comment

Originally posted by LPCap
            I would do that, but the security system on my car prevents that from happening. If I lock the car with the remote and open it with the key - my alarm starts shrieking very loudly and will only shut off if I close the door, lock it with the fob and unlock it with the fob. Very weird how they set it up.
            Prevents someone with a key from opening the door without authorization. A "key" in this case could be a screwdriver.
            Some Kind of Commando Leader

"Every time I see another crazy Florida post, I'm glad I don't work there." ~ Minneapolis Security on Florida Security Law

Comment

Originally posted by LPCap
              Very effective but also very annoying. For mine all I had to do was turn the car on.
              Todd

Comment

Chucky:
                A larger section is posted on Urban Legends. It sounds all too good.
                Bill

Comment

I should have realized that the remotes do not emit a series of tones therefore the signal would not be able to be heard over the phone signals.
                  Kind of a funny story when I was living in the Tampa area I had a brand new Ford van and key less remotes were some what new to the market. At that time there were not as many around and the odds were somewhat less that you would have the same signal as someone else.
                  We were working one evening in a strip mall and as I left my van and set the alarm a car parked at a nearby restaurant alarm sounded. I didn't think much and went to work then I went out to get some tools and when I relocked my van the alarm went of again. So I watched as some poor old fellow came out to his car a little agitated. So me being me I waited until he was back inside a few and to see if it was my remote. So I pointed it at his car and pressed lock and sure enough his alarm went off. I closed the door and we had a good laugh.
                  Last edited by Chucky; 03-04-2007, 05:13 PM.
                  THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A 911 CALL IS FOUR MINUTES
                  THE AVERAGE RESPONSE TIME FOR A .357 MAGNUM ROUND IS 1400 FEET PER SECOND?
                  http://www.boondocksaints.com/

Comment

Back when I was still in MI and in the Marine Reserves My wife at the time, niece and I went to the Reserve Center for Christmas party or something. I sent my niece at to the car to get my PT gear (for the annual football game). She Came back inside and asked if I had moved the car. I told her no, why? She said I don't see it where we parked....So half the reserve center runs outside to find out, yup my car was stolen. I had a POS dodge spirit why the heck would anyone steal that! Called GRPD, 2 guys that I had worked with multiple times in the past (who couldn't help and laugh because they had seen my car before!) respoded and put the alert out. About 30 mins later as I started to partake more and more of the provided eggnog one of the GR Sgts I knew came into the center and told me they found my car.

Apparently a guy walked out of his buddy's house (slightly etoh) walked up to my car put HIS key in, unlocked it, put HIS key in the ignition and drove off.

Guy said he couldn't figure out why his car was so clean and what the hell the baby seat was doing in the back seat!!

Comment

Leaderboard

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X