Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A word to the wise...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A word to the wise...

    There's been some interesting posts of late, and Uncle Condo just wants to comment . We can all make our points and get a few jokes in without it getting personal. There may be a bit of trolling or tongue in cheek comments, but as long as stuff isn't racist, sexist or advocating the overthrow of the government, take it for what it is. (A broken clock is still right two times a day.)

    This is an odd industry. It exists in a gray area of the law, and what we are seeing in 2019 is a tension - an industry that has to evolve to new economic and political conditions, but traditionally innovates at a glacial pace. (I'm speaking of guard services, not technology.)

    Take it seriously when you have to take it seriously. Do what your employer expects you to do. But don't make it the center of your life. Laugh when you need to - if I could, my name tag would say "Keeping Stupid People From Doing Stupid Things On This Site." That really is about 75% of what I do. The other 25% is actually keeping people safe, keeping property safe, and assisting Police / Fire / EMTs with their jobs when they come on site.
    Last edited by Condo Guard; 01-17-2019, 03:12 PM.

  • #2
    Excellent CG. Bravo
    http://www.laurel-and-hardy.com/ Greatest Comedy team ever!

    Comment


    • #3
      Thus speaks the man who has no authority over anything but desperately wants it

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Lunch Meat View Post
        Thus speaks the man who has no authority over anything but desperately wants it
        saved.
        Since you will need a link.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Soper View Post

          saved.
          Since you will need a link.


          Now go home and get your shine box

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Lunch Meat View Post
            Thus speaks the man who has no authority over anything but desperately wants it
            Soper gave me an "Infraction" for "inappropriate language" for this post. Does anyone else see any " Inappropriate language" ?

            Comment


            • #7
              What I see are members fighting over stupid stuff and being disrespectful to other members and mods. You don't know any of the backrounds and experience of other members, yet you insult them like a petulant teen. Please get some therapy and leave the security industry.

              Comment


              • #8
                So many discussions here that could have been informative and useful just go off the rails. Do security companies use snipers? Well, some do - they are not "security," they are paid mercenaries for the U.S. government. That's a discussion that might be interesting, but would really be more about homeland security or foreign policy than what we're doing here.

                Same with the miscarriage of justice discussion(s). The questions that should have been asked or discussed in a rational manner could have included why backround checks and screening are so poor in this industry, or why training is so inadequate, and how those things contribute to tragic incidents (for innocent people and guards).

                The discussions here don't have to be university level white papers, but wild theories and trolling do nothing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
                  What I see are members fighting over stupid stuff and being disrespectful to other members and mods. You don't know any of the backrounds and experience of other members, yet you insult them like a petulant teen. Please get some therapy and leave the security industry.
                  Why should I respect a moderator who acts like a midget on a power trip? Why should I respect a moderator who goes to other forums and talks s*** about me by name? Why should I respect a moderator who hides behind his position to commit most of the same in fractions that he acuses other members of committing? Is that acceptable behavior for a moderator? Is that the image that securityinfowatch. Com wishes to present?

                  you know there's a reason that this forum only has about 6 active members
                  Last edited by Lunch Meat; 02-22-2019, 05:06 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    You have your side - and I respect your POV. I can't apologize for other members, but I will say I'm sorry if your experience here has not been stellar and I apologize for any of my posts that have offended. I don't want to turn this in to a discussion of the mod. I'm assuming you two have PM'ed each other. I've only looked at the police forum once or twice, so I can't comment. You should contact their mod(s) if you haven't already.

                    Our training teaches us to filter out the anger / frustration in people's contacts with us and focus on the core issue / problem. Hard to use in situations where things are personal, but very much needed. (Squid's video of the two guards fighting in the parking lot is a sober reminder that maintaining emotional control is critical.)

                    You are right that there are not a lot of active members posting at any given time. (There are a lot that lurk or just read the stuff that applies to their job, which I did before I joined.) I know there are some security forums on Facebook and Reddit, but I don't do Facebook and I'm not a fan of Reddit. My concern in all of this is that we are driving people away, which is the opposite of what we want.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
                      My concern in all of this is that we are driving people away, which is the opposite of what we want.
                      Your moderator drives more people away from this forum than I ever will.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Lunch Meat,
                        Why dont you back off? If you have a dislike for things said here then leave. That applies to anyone here.

                        I see a bunch lil pricks trying to see who can piss on the wall higher than the other, its flipping childish.

                        If you are a sock puppet of Squid, knock it off. I'm no mod but my signing in here has become less because of you Squid, Lunch Meat, Soper & Lone Wolf.

                        You 4 alone seem to have a beef with one another, I dont really care what its about nor who started. You all claim to be ADULT men, act like it, dang. Either go sock it out in a back alley out of our sight, or just ignore one another & move the heck on.


                        This from a 50+ y/o woman, so "save" it all you want. At this point I dont care if I do get banned from here, you bunch lil children. Gods

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SgtWinters View Post
                          Lunch Meat,
                          Why dont you back off? If you have a dislike for things said here then leave. That applies to anyone here.

                          I see a bunch lil pricks trying to see who can piss on the wall higher than the other, its flipping childish.

                          If you are a sock puppet of Squid, knock it off. I'm no mod but my signing in here has become less because of you Squid, Lunch Meat, Soper & Lone Wolf.

                          You 4 alone seem to have a beef with one another, I dont really care what its about nor who started. You all claim to be ADULT men, act like it, dang. Either go sock it out in a back alley out of our sight, or just ignore one another & move the heck on.


                          This from a 50+ y/o woman, so "save" it all you want. At this point I dont care if I do get banned from here, you bunch lil children. Gods

                          Comment

                          Leaderboard

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X