On the job ghost encounters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the job ghost encounters

Wasn't there an ongoing thread on this forum about ghost sightings and other paranormal stuff? What happened to it? I searched and nothing came up. Sucks because as much as I get creeped the hell out by that stuff and can't sleep afterwards, I absolutely loved reading all the posts lol.

I was at a just finished vacant hi-rise apts (after several GC's went broke and had at least one guy killed on the job) that had a funky elevator in the lobby by our post. About every 10-90mins randomly it would make noise like it was about to operate. This really freaked out at least one guy, after I told him about the guy that was killed. There was also a CCTV that would get weird stuff on the screen randomly. You could hear the elevator and rewind the CCTV and see....SOMETHING maybe moving near the buttons on at least one floor, if you wanted to talk yourself into it.

At a multi-acre office site we had to do about 15 min Detex round over 3 buildings and 2 stories of mostly dark offices. We had a "standie" of Al Pacino from "Scarface" we keep moving around so when the next guy did his rounds, around a corner in the dark he'd suddenly see someone standing. Never failed to "get" you. You'd always forget it was coming doing a round at 3am. We had one guard from Jamaica and story is she freaked out and fled after this stunt was pulled on her.

Did graveyard during county fair and played same game with a clown standie. Nothing more scary than a clown that keeps moving to new spots at 3am. It had maniacal way too happy to be sane face and weird eyes that seemed to follow you! With that and the creepy Carnies I felt like I was in a Scooby Do episode.

Lots of good ghost stories on youtube. Also lots of good "creepy people" that IMO is good education for Security because they are mostly about how weirdos will come up with all sorts of new unexpected ways to con regular people.

Comment

That's some creepy stuff! I remember years ago when I worked security at the JW Marriott in SF, we had a guy jump from the 19th floor to the lobby down below. Ever since, employees claimed to have seen the ghost of the guy pacing back and forth near the area where he jumped. I never saw anything (and I worked graveyard) but I always felt weirded out anytime I'd do my checks of the nineteen floor, haha!

Comment

I told this one here years ago - worked in an office building where a high profile attorney died of a heart attack at his desk one night. The law firm moved, so the whole floor was empty for years. Anyways, the elevator would run up and down all night long to the floor; elevator co. claimed it was a glitch and periodically came out to fix it.

So one night I'm on the floor, walk into his office, and say, "Hey man, I'm just the night guard here, and this elevator thing is creeping me out. You can you just stop for awhile?" No kidding - the elevator stopped for about 3 hours - and then back to the running up and down routine...

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
          I told this one here years ago - worked in an office building where a high profile attorney died of a heart attack at his desk one night. The law firm moved, so the whole floor was empty for years. Anyways, the elevator would run up and down all night long to the floor; elevator co. claimed it was a glitch and periodically came out to fix it.

So one night I'm on the floor, walk into his office, and say, "Hey man, I'm just the night guard here, and this elevator thing is creeping me out. You can you just stop for awhile?" No kidding - the elevator stopped for about 3 hours - and then back to the running up and down routine...
          Yea, that's creepy as hell. No thanks!

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
          Working...
          X