Suggestions on how to improve security in condos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on how to improve security in condos

Nowadays most of the people are into condos. They choose condos over the regular homes as it is simpler when it comes to maintenances. Most of the people purchase pre construction condos, as it gives you more time to deal with your savings and money. So, I was searching about pre construction condos and came across a blog which gives an insight into the important factors to consider when buying a pre-construction condo ( http://www.yourcondos.com/about/blog...ruction-condo/ ). It is really a great article for people looking to purchase one.
    Even though you purchase one, the security of your family needs to be given importance. It doesn't matter if you are living in a home or condo, having a security solution is a must. So, I was searching online about the same and bumped into something interesting, which I thought I should share with you people- https://www.pom-tec.com/blog/5-tips-...urity-systems/ . I really hope this helped you people.

Feel free leave your thoughts on what you people think about the same.

Cool notes about the pre-construction condo but I don't think a majority of the population would have the audacity of buying a half-finished project and completing it.

Comment

I would never want an HOA and Im my own security.

Comment

To be secure, the most important step is to use one. Don't assume that she's "on the pill" just because she says she is. Secondly, use the appropriate size. Don't try to impress anyone by using an XL when what you actually need is a small. Finally, inspect it carefully (especially the reservoir tip) to ensure that there are no holes, tears or other manufacturing defects.

Oh, wait, you said "condos". I misread that.

Comment

Originally posted by aprilLady View Post
          So, I was searching online about the same and bumped into something interesting, which I thought I should share with you people- https://www.pom-tec.com/blog/5-tips-...urity-systems/ . I really hope this helped you people.

Feel free leave your thoughts on what you people think about the same.
          this is a good article. hits most of the points I was dealing with at my last 3 multi story Condo gigs.

biggest prob is anyone acting like a delivery-person gets the door held open without question. If you want two or more people rushing to hold the door open just be "overloaded" with nice looking takeout or similar delivery.

Did I mention I did a few Process Service using a Pizza Box. My signature move was to have one fresh aromatic slice in the box, everyone is expecting pizza and I'd open the box and say "this is for me" taking the one slice, "and this is for you" and hand him the paper. This was against businesses where "the boss" was hiding. Pizza Man gets past all the front desk and goons because everyone WANTS pizza and when it shows up their mouths water and brains turn off and they are more than eager to direct you to The Boss so he can pay. SO perfect. Boss is pissed because he just got served, and his little army of morons let it happen because they wanted free pizza, and army of morons is pissed because they THOUGHT they were going be eating pizza but all they get is pissed boss, and now they learn Boss getting sued, etc.

folks in CARS would obey the "no tail-gating" rule at better condos, and let the gate close for each car. IIRC they found homeless would "tailgate" in a car's blind-spot into the garage. Might be solved with bright lights and mirrors.

at not so good apartments, lets just say you don't want to be standing, or even in a car, if someone is trying to tailgate, because it is a free-for-all.

one prob not mentioned was Real Estate agents breaking all sorts of protocols.

main prob is most people want "security" but don't want, or can't, take active part. but....Some WILL be willing to take an active part, for free. I'd suggest a system where every resident can get live, and backup, feeds from all Security Cams, as well as other data like snap-shots of each person as they enter or exit. One one hand, some noisy neighbor could see if you are coming in a little tipsy, or with "company", etc, etc. On the other hand, in a big building, you will likely have a few sets of eyeballs checking out each person that comes through the door. Give them the tools to quickly rewind and see if someone they see on CCTV from hall tailgated into the lobby, etc.

one thing I tried that seemed to work was laying "a trip" on residents that the reason you cannot be friendly to nice looking people is they might be flipped out Ex-spouses, etc. You can't even let in someone you recognize because how you know they hadn't just gotten ganked out of condo on DV charge that maybe happened off-site, etc. The flip side of that is also having a well sorted regime in place for lock-outs, when people lose their pass-card, keys, wallet, etc.

OP is on the right track, and Condo Security is a growth sector, in an economy where we keep hearing about all the jobs that "just wont exist anymore" due to automation.

Never lived in HOA myself, don't think it would work for me.

Comment

Gated communities only keep out the lazy criminals. When I did it we had to constantly remind residents not to let in people they didn't know, and call security instead. We watched the bad guys on camera roll up to the intercom and dial random numbers with the schtick, "Oh hi, I'm Bob your neighbor, I forgot my access card..." About 1/2 the time they got in, and then we had to search for them.

The place I worked at got rid of the live gate feed for residents due to some privacy issues (or at least that's what I was told). And yes, real estate agents were the worst - letting their clients tailgate behind them, breaking the gate arm off, and then straight up lying about it until we told them we had video footage and were calling their broker.

Ex-spouses and stalkers found some of the most creative ways to get in. Evicted tenants will come back to do damage or because they want to hang out with their old friends. Which is why your condo security guards really have to be a cut above the average warm body people if you want it done right.
            Last edited by Condo Guard; 10-15-2018, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Condo Guard View Post
              Gated communities only keep out the lazy criminals. When I did it we had to constantly remind residents not to let in people they didn't know, and call security instead. We watched the bad guys on camera roll up to the intercom and dial random numbers with the schtick, "Oh hi, I'm Bob your neighbor, I forgot my access card..." About 1/2 the time they got in, and then we had to search for them.

The place I worked at got rid of the live gate feed for residents due to some privacy issues (or at least that's what I was told). And yes, real estate agents were the worst - letting their clients tailgate behind them, breaking the gate arm off, and then straight up lying about it until we told them we had video footage and were calling their broker.

Ex-spouses and stalkers found some of the most creative ways to get in. Evicted tenants will come back to do damage or because they want to hang out with their old friends. Which is why your condo security guards really have to be a cut above the average warm body people if you want it done right.
              I dont think I could do security for a residential area. I have done it in an apartment building, but I was posted in garage parking cars for the most part.

Comment

300x250

Collapse

Mid 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Super Leaderboard

Collapse
              Working...
              X